Photo
- - - - -

If I buy a theme will I have to deal with all the cross-browser compatability issues

browser issues cross-compatability responsive theme developer

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 pazyluz

pazyluz

Advanced Member

• Members

• 71 posts
  • Framework Version:Pro

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

On my pre-dms pagelines site, I struggled for months with browser-compatibilty issues and nonresponsive behaviors even tho pl was sold to me as "never touch  line of code."  So, I want to be assured that if I buy a theme, all of those issues have been dealt with and resolved.  And I want o know that my site will look good on all browsers and all devices.  I do not want to do the work. And I want to know that the developer will fix any problems that arise because of the above.  Please respond.  Thank you.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15194 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

Hi,

PageLines DMS is compatible with the following browsers:

Chrome (Android, iOS, Mac and Windows)

Safari (iOS and Mac only, Windows has more or less been discontinued)

Firefox (Mac, Windows)

Internet Explorer

Opera (Mac, Windows)

Internet Explorer 8 has limited support as that browser doesn't support most CSS3 properties. However, most sections should display correctly. DMS is also fully responsive and your site should work and function all any device be it, iphone, ipad etc...

#3 pazyluz

pazyluz

Advanced Member

• Members

• 71 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

Danny, are you saying that Theme or No Theme, the browser compatibilty issues are now resolved for all major browsers? And my site will look good on all devices?

If it turns out there ARE remaining issues with any of the above after I've purchased a theme, who will address the problem, the theme developer or pl? 

thanks Danny

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15194 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

Hi, What theme are you referring to, as I am talking about DMS being browser compatible.

#5 pazyluz

pazyluz

Advanced Member

• Members

• 71 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

Details

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15194 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

Details is a third party theme and therefore, we do not provide support. However, if it is a DMS child theme, then it should be full responsive and compatible with all modern browsers and devices.

#7 pazyluz

pazyluz

Advanced Member

• Members

• 71 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

This may be semantics here, but I asked a dms child theme developer where the lines are in terms of support, and learned that, if it has to do with dms sections, themes, usage, etc, then the customer contacts pl, but when its a question about installing or css style lists, then the customer contacts the developer. This is really important. Please clarify.

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

Peggy,

In our Store, we have products created by PageLines, as well as products created by 3rd party developers. If you post a question here for a 3rd party product, the moderators will move the topic to the developer queue for reply by that developer.

If it's one of our own products, we provide support.  Generally, 3rd party developers are pretty quick in replying, but they don't get notice about additions to their queue until the end of the business day.

Customizations, such as CSS can be handled by either our moderators (for basic CSS) or by developers, for CSS specific to their products.

#9 pazyluz

pazyluz

Advanced Member

• Members

• 71 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

Thanks for clarifying. 

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

No problem. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: browser issues, cross-compatability, responsive, theme, developer