Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Filtering Page Load Time with Filtering Section

Question

Posted · Report post

This is one of those questions I probably already know the answer to but never hurts to ask. I'm using the filtering section for my recipe page and ideally, I'd like all the recipes to show upon arrival. However, the page load time is so slow that I just don't think it's feasible (I have 500+ live recipes right now). I've started limiting the number that show, but I feel that from a user experience, it's not the best way to do this.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. You can see the live site: http://naturallyella.com/recipes/

(I did have caching turned on, usuing super cache, but promptly disabled it when it wrecked a good majority of the site once I enabled it after the build). I also currently use an S3 plug-in as all my images are storage in S3.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts! 

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

You need to use lazy loading so they will load as you scroll.

Posted · Report post

I tried installing BJ Lazy Load but it seem to really help on the pages using the filtering plug-in- still takes a good chunk of time for the page to load.

Posted · Report post

Have you tried loading smaller images into it? Looks like you might be using the original image instead of one of the smaller sizes (like medium)

Posted · Report post

Please let us know if you still need help with this topic otherwise I will close it in 7 days. Thanks!