Photo
PostPins

Post Pins Problem

Best Answer Rob , 21 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

Hi,

Framework is still supported, without question.  It has not been deprecated.  If you've read our blog, you'll know we were hacked in July, causing major issues with our APIs and a great disruption to both Framework and DMS.  I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

You stated, earlier "I just uploaded the Post Pins plugin to my site" and I want to make sure you're not adding PostPins as a plugin, which would be the way to do it with DMS.  I didn't want you to use the wrong installation method.

If you have the PostPins file as a zip, we have two ways of doing this.  However, I'm going to recommend the most accurate one.

Unzip the file and save the folder inside it to your desktop.

FTP to your site and go to wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections and upload the folder you saved to the desktop there. If you already see the folder there, please remove the one on the server first.  Please don't overwrite it. This requires a clean installation.

Browse to Dashboard > PageLines > Store > Sections > Your Sections and find PostPins. Make sure it's activated.

Set up the settings as desired.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bscherr

bscherr

Advanced Member

• Members

• 37 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

Hi,

I just uploaded the Post Pins plugin to my site, and it seemed to install and activate just fine, however when I go to the drag/drop section... it's not there.  I go to site options, page options, everywhere I can think of... they just don't show up anywhere in my admin screen.  I am still on the Framework and will not upgrade until next July.

Thanks,

Blythe

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:43 AM

You have added a section as a plugin in Framework.  Technically, that model is for DMS, not Framework.  If you have the pagelines-sections plugin, and it's activated, then you should add PostPins there.  Best done via the Store... Dashboard > PageLines > Store > Sections > Upload.  That shlould work.  If you don't have the pagelines-sections plugin activated, let us know.

#3 bscherr

bscherr

Advanced Member

• Members

• 37 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

thanks for the reply.  I do not have DMS, and I am expecting that Pagelines Framework will still be supported.  I do have the pagelines-sections plugin, and it is activated. I attempted to add PostPins there, because it is my understanding that it behaves like a section... but I get an error stating that this does not appear to be a pagelines section.

It's really frustrating, I really like Pagelines products, but ever since DMS was launched... nothing seems to work or install correctly.  

I can not upgrade to DMS until next summer, and I don't see why the framework had to be deprecated so much. 

Is there any way for me to install this that won't result in an error?  Can I manually upload it somewhere?  

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:25 PM   Best Answer

Hi,

Framework is still supported, without question.  It has not been deprecated.  If you've read our blog, you'll know we were hacked in July, causing major issues with our APIs and a great disruption to both Framework and DMS.  I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

You stated, earlier "I just uploaded the Post Pins plugin to my site" and I want to make sure you're not adding PostPins as a plugin, which would be the way to do it with DMS.  I didn't want you to use the wrong installation method.

If you have the PostPins file as a zip, we have two ways of doing this.  However, I'm going to recommend the most accurate one.

Unzip the file and save the folder inside it to your desktop.

FTP to your site and go to wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections and upload the folder you saved to the desktop there. If you already see the folder there, please remove the one on the server first.  Please don't overwrite it. This requires a clean installation.

Browse to Dashboard > PageLines > Store > Sections > Your Sections and find PostPins. Make sure it's activated.

Set up the settings as desired.

#5 bscherr

bscherr

Advanced Member

• Members

• 37 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

Ok, I will give that a try.  Sorry to be a grump.  I'm just used to Pagelines working (like my iOS... it just works) so you get spoiled.  Thanks for the reassurance.  

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

No problem.  I totally understand 'grump', being an old guy. They tell me I do grump well, befitting my advanced years. :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PostPins