Linking to fragments of other parts of page

Question

Posted · Report post

Guys,

If I want to link to parts of the same page to make a one page site how would I do this?  I know in regular html you name your section then link to it but not sure how this would do this if I cant name a section.  Any help would be appreciated.

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Try Scroll Spy.  That's what it does.  Like old HTML markers, you create a menu in Scroll Spy and it takes you to a pre-determined location on the page.  You can have tons of pages all within one that way.  Check it out:  http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/using-scrollspy

Posted · Report post

I've read up on the little information that is available but what if I want a section to be targeted?  It seems that it creates a menu that scrolls to various sections within the text box but what if I want to scroll to a section that I created in pagelines?  Also scrollspy is contained to specific width but when I click a link it then stretches the entire section. 

Seems that sections should have name attribute to easily add a name to a section then just target from menu.

Posted · Report post

Manually, you can add this kind of code using a textarea  <a id="unique-identifier">Content or Section</a>

Then, in your menu, you add a Custom Link, with this code:

#unique-identifier and the label Click Me

Save the menu item, and then the menu. View the site, and click the "Click Me".  It should zoom you right to the place you added the code above.