Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Footer Problems

Question

Posted · Report post

I am having issues with the footer in DMS. When I load one of my pages, the footer begins to malfunction. It won't stick to the bottom and has this white space below the footer: [attachment=1556:Screen Shot 2013-09-19 at 10.18.05 PM.png]

it is supposed to stick to the bottom of the page like this: [attachment=1557:Screen Shot 2013-09-19 at 10.18.41 PM.png]

Does anyone know how to fix this issue so the footer defaults to the bottom of the page without having that extra white space?

Thanks,

Jacob

10 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

From what I can tell your issue is related to the Second Textbox you have that contains some copyright information, if you remove this, the white area below your footer is removed.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Jacob, can you send us a link to your site? Thanks!

Posted · Report post

The site is therefinerychurch.org

The page that is malfunctioning is therefinerychurch.org/feastoftabernacles

Sometimes it works and the footer defaults to the bottom, but other times when you load the page there is white space underneath.

Also, on the home landing page, I would like the footer to default to the bottom of the browser as well so that it fills the browser no matter what size.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

It seems there's some plugin conflict on your site causing the whitespace on the bottom of the homepage and the page you linked.  Oddly, the moment I try to view either in Firebug for Firefox, to see the code, the condition disappears.  That screams to me that the problem is caused by a plugin.

Theoretically, it also could be caused by invalid custom CSS code, but I can't see any evidence of that.

Posted · Report post

Should I delete all of my plugins and see if that resolves the issue?

Posted · Report post

Don't delete them.

Deactivate them instead. Deactivation lets you reactivate them, and continue testing.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Jacob,

It seems you have a cache plugin activated or present.  Make sure it is activated, and that you clear the cache first. Once the cache is cleared via the plugin, you can deactivate the plugin immediately.   After that, close the browsers, wait 30 seconds and reopen.

Then, make sure your other plugins are deactivated and see if the problem continues.

Posted · Report post

I tried the above solution and the Feast of Tabernacles page is still malfunctioning, but not the home page. Should I try and delete the footer from that one page and then recreate what I originally had? Thank you for all of your help!

Posted · Report post

Danny, that fixed it! Thank you so much!

Posted · Report post

Thanks for letting us know :)