Search doesn't find words on page

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I just noticed that on www.lovo.nu the search field only finds words in the page/postloop section. Not in other parts of the page. Is this a know problem?

Jan

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Thats how wordpress search works, by searching the post content.

Posted · Report post

Hi Simon_P,

So you mean that the WP search functionality isn't altered in DMS to be able to search even through things that Pagelines DMS puts on a page? That's a real pity. It would restrict the freedom with which I'd hoped to use DMS. Well glad to hear this now, so I can adept my design strategy to this. And I'd love it if you would consider creating a custom search tool for this to become possible. Thanks for considering.

Do you know of a 'on site' search implementation that search through the whole of rendered pages? 

Thanks

Jan

Posted · Report post

Jan,

The WP search function is the same for all frameworks, platforms, themes or even DMS.  It's just the way it works and it's impossible for us (or anyone else) to change that.  There are better search engines, such as Relevanssi, but I use Google's Adsense.  It's a much better search engine... searches everything, understands to bypass global content, and produces results with ads you can earn money from.  I think they also offer a no-ads Custom Search, but don't quote me.  It's free, and yields customizable results (within parameters).

Posted · Report post

Hi Rob,

I'll have a look at a Google search implementation. Thanks for that suggestion.

I've experimented with relevanssi in the past, great indeed, but only posts and pages I tend to remember.

Best, Jan

Posted · Report post

I wouldn't be surprised about Relevanssi but Google is great.