Photo
UberMenu Adapter

Ubermenu submenu

Best Answer sevenspark , 19 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

There aren't any explicit instructions on this specific customization, but there are a variety of resources at your disposal.  For example,

The Customization Assistant will give you the specific selectors for the submenu

The Knowledgebase provides useful information on Styling One or More Menu Items Differently, so that you can target specific submenus.

The basic pattern for adding a background image to the submenu of menu item 32 would be

#megaMenu ul.megaMenu > li.menu-item#menu-item-32 > ul.sub-menu-1{
  width:300px;
  background-image: url(path/to/bkg.png);
}

Best,

Chris

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 coachkriswatkins

coachkriswatkins

Advanced Member

• Members

• 78 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:20 PM

Will the plugin that allows for integration of ubermenu more conveniently now with DMS.  I have a question as to anyone know how to make the background an image when the submenu drops down.  An example of what I am discussing is here

http://www.lagrangepanthers.com/

I can easily replicate an image to do something similiar for my site, just not sure how to integrate to the submenu

#2 sevenspark

sevenspark

• Members

• 3 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA, USA

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

Hi Kris,

While that's not an out-of-the-box feature of UberMenu, it can be done with some custom CSS.  Basically, you'd need to set a background image on the submenu UL, and you'll probably want to set an explicit width on the submenu UL as well.

Hope that helps,

Chris

#3 coachkriswatkins

coachkriswatkins

Advanced Member

• Members

• 78 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

Is there somewhere with instructions on how to do this?  

#4 sevenspark

sevenspark

• Members

• 3 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA, USA

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:35 PM   Best Answer

There aren't any explicit instructions on this specific customization, but there are a variety of resources at your disposal.  For example,

The Customization Assistant will give you the specific selectors for the submenu

The Knowledgebase provides useful information on Styling One or More Menu Items Differently, so that you can target specific submenus.

The basic pattern for adding a background image to the submenu of menu item 32 would be

#megaMenu ul.megaMenu > li.menu-item#menu-item-32 > ul.sub-menu-1{
  width:300px;
  background-image: url(path/to/bkg.png);
}

Best,

Chris

• Jenny likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: UberMenu Adapter