Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What are "Warning points"?

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Whenever I post something, under my name/photo it says: "Warning points". 

What do these warning points stand for? Are they good or bad? Etc.

Thanks!

Posted · Report post

Hello Kulmetehan 

Warning Points are a feature of the forum software PageLines uses. I believe it is a method to let people know if they break the forum rules and to remind people to keep their posts civil, and generally respectful of others.

I haven't seen anyone with any warning points and have never had to give anyone any warning points. 

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Actually, it says 0 warning points.  So you don't have any, which is a good thing. 

Warning points are used to inform people when they've used abusive language or have behaved inappropriately to fellow forum users or staff.  I've rarely had to apply them. They're very helpful if someone's behavior is so outrageous that it offends others.  When enough points are collected, we can suspend forum posting for a period of time. Think of it as a traffic ticket... collect enough and sooner or later, they take your driver's license away.

Posted · Report post

I had an idea it wasn't something good. Now I'm sure. Thanks for the explanation guys! 

Posted · Report post

You're welcome.  As long as you're a good fellow, you have nothing to worry about!

1 person likes this