11 replies to this topic

#1 bevinh

bevinh

• Members

• 5 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

Hi!

I've got DMS Pro and Wordpress 3.6.1 sitting on a Hostgator server.

In Chrome, the defaults go away (the title that says "The Hero!" and the subtitles that say "Now just set up your Hero section options") since I've filled in the defaults. However, in Safari they are still there. I've cleared caches, I've tried to hide them with CSS, and yet they persist. I'm assuming they are supposed to go away when the defaults are filled in?

Link is here 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks!

#2 Jake

Jake

Advocate

• Premium
  • 565 posts
  • LocationNC, USA

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

Hi @

- It appears to me that you haven't published the changes yet and that's why you're able to see them in Chrome where you're working but not elsewhere.Click on the Publish button to the top right of the visual editor and see if that does the trick!

#3 bevinh

bevinh

• Members

• 5 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

Nope, that's not it. I've published it several times and just to be sure, I published it again.

Let me clarify though - What I'm seeing is the stuff I put in there, and then smooshed underneath (and by underneath I mean on a different z-index) it is the "The Hero" default stuff.

BOTH are displaying at the same time.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:42 AM

@bevinh  I'm guessing you have a cache plugin activated.  If you do, clear the cache using the plugin's settings.  Clear any CDN cache too. Deactivate the cache plugin after you've done that, then refresh your browser completely.

#5 bevinh

bevinh

• Members

• 5 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

No cacheing. WP-SuperCache deleted to be sure. 

Browsers all refreshed. Caches flushed. 

The ONLY plugin I have currently active is a social plugin that adds a few social media icons.

If you take a look at it in Firefox it's even worse, NONE of the defaults are gone, and it's got every component ever put on the page at the top of the page with the default content in it. I tried removing all custom CSS and that did nothing. 

Keep in mind, this is my development server that it's sitting on, and I've created many wordpress themes on it and NONE of them have ever had this issue. I may revert to the old pagelines, as this is really holding this project up, unless you've got an easy fix. Everything seemed fine...and now it's seriously not fine.

#6 bevinh

bevinh

• Members

• 5 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

I should add - about 50% of the time upon a refresh, Chrome shows it all properly. It's almost like the defaults show up for a moment and then are hidden, but it doesn't work 100% and in FF and Safari, it only works on certain elements.

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:11 AM

It looks from your site like there's a template in which these sections are not modified, but in plain, out-of-the-box mode and that template's loading for some odd reason.

Can you check each template, by loading each, to see if they contain these elements?

#8 bevinh

bevinh

• Members

• 5 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

That fixed it in Safari. It appears that the default template loads underneath the landing page template and for some reason had every element that I'd ever put on the landing page template on it. I'm pretty sure I didn't put those on the default template (as there'd be no reason to do that in that way). 

However, there are still some display issues related to Firefox and the defaults not removing. 

I'm returning to the Pagelines original framework for this project, as this is just wayyyy too buggy. I'll demo this on something else.

#9 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

Okay.

#10 oskarand

oskarand

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

I have some similar problem. If I leave the "masthead text" empty it goes back to default "Hello.". I want it to be blank. See www.chikara-consulting.com

Oskar

#11 GetMeWebDesign

GetMeWebDesign

Advocate

• Members

• 524 posts
  • LocationSurrey, UK
  • Framework Version:developer

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:25 PM

@

either add &nbsp for your title or if never going to use, then can use CSS:

.masthead-title {

display: none;

}

or set up custom styling class

.nomasttitle {

.masthead-title {

display: none;

}

and reference in Standard Options > Custom styling classes using nomasthead without the full stop

• James B likes this

#12 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16376 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:49 AM

Unfortunately, the tile field isn't optional. However, I have added this to my notes and will bring it our developers attention.

• batman likes this