Site css isnt loading after template save

Question

Posted · Report post

After working on my site I saved a template and loaded the homepage and now the css is gone.If I log out the homepage loads again but now with a area above my slider that says "Nothing Found" which is referencing a content loop that should'nt be there. Seems like the template loads a random content loop that then breaks my site similar to the video I have in another post where the same thing is happening.  The thing is it loads fine in firefox and in chrome if Im logged out but when Im logged in the page is corrupt and i cannot edit because editor is missing or not loading correctly. anyone have an idea of what this issue is so that I can fix for good.  No browser plugins and this only happens with content loops it seems.

css.png

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Have you removed all posts and pages ?

Can you provide a link to the site in question please, as well as enabling debug mode (DMS Toolbar > Global Options > Advanced)

Posted · Report post

didn't really give me much info in debug mode but here is what it told me.  It always seems to be a content loop issue and this time I deleted the default homepage and redid it from scratch and the problem is currently gone.  I had deleted all my posts but still had pages and it was strange because only the homepage didn't have css while the secondary pages were fine. I see when you use default templates to start your project then bring the original content loop back in somehow.  Regardless its always a content loop that has been messing with my pagelines experience either by using one and it breaking the page or it reappearing in my site out of nowhere.

Framework Version : 1.0.3 Framework Build : 1.0.3 PHP Version : 5.4 PHP memory : 256 Mysql version : 5.5.33-log PHP type : Cgi-fcgi PHP User : myuser OS : Linux Licence OK : myemail Plugins : 2
contact-form-7/wp-contact-form-7.php
media-grid/media-grid.php

Posted · Report post

Okay, in that case, FTP to the site and find wp-config.php.  Find the DEBUG_MODE and change from false to true.  Save and re-upload.

Login to the dashboard and you should see all the errors that are taking place. Copy them and paste them here, please.

Posted · Report post

It seems fine at the moment but next time the issue arises I will initiate debug to check it out.  Im just going to start with new pages from now on instead of using the templates that are there to see if the problem ceases.  Thanks again.

Posted · Report post

alright so I went back to the site today and the css is not loading once again in chrome yet on firefox it is working....  Very frustrating and turning on debug mode is giving me nothing. I can send the link but you will see a working site because you are not logged in, I can pm someone details to see what is happening.  I dont know what to do at this point because I only have two plugins installed and deactivating them does nothing.