Question

Posted · Report post

For some reason sidebars are not available in this multisite which is another issue.  So because I cannot use sidebars I cannot put the widget into the page from the sidebar section and have so I have to use a content loop with the contact form in the post.  When I put the content loop on the page it destroys everything and cannot be used.  It also breaks the pagelines editor as seen in this video.  I need to put a simple contact form (should be an included section but for another time) on the page and its taking forever.  Was going to try a hook but the hook plugin isnt working.  Please anyone take a look at the video and help me understand why/how this can be accomplished.  I feel as though it is a pagelines issue and sometimes people think its a plugin or wordpress.  Here is a video which shows the issue.  Luckily I saved the template so when this happens I just reload the template and try again but nothing is working.  Im working with a guy who invested a lot on pagelines and plugins because I told him and now he's questioning it a bit.  I like the platform and trying my best to learn and promote it but need to fix this issue to move forward and any help is appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYErYa_cgQg

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

In your video, you added the postloop, not once, but multiple times, and each instance took some time to load. You ultimately nested several instances of postloop onto one page, though you're only supposed to have one instance. 

As for the DMS toolbar, I suspect it broke from a plugin conflict.

I also noticed you did not publish/save in some instances before publishing.

All that blank space you showed in the video was two stacked postloop sections within the one with the form.  I suspect that it was simple impatience that caused this as it can take time for sections to load, particularly when there are many windows open in the browser.

I've tested adding the postloop to a new page without any issues, however, it doesn't work on every page.  There has to be content related to that page.

A form shouldn't really be included as you did, in my humble opinion, but added to a page as a shortcode. It looks like you're creating a page to include a post, to include a form, to include social media.... far to complex.  Don't you think? Especially when you can include the form in the page, with the social media.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the reply,  I added the contact form to the page then tried to add the page to the dms page.  I dont see any other way of getting the page within my template except though a post loop.  What it I do not want the form to be an entire page but just a portion?  They wanted the social media and the contact for in a one page site which should include the usual contact details.  If you know a better way of adding this simple contact form to a dms page through a section please share the information and it would help immensely.

Posted · Report post

never knew shortcodes workes in text boxes.  that should help a bunch.  thanks for that insight.

Posted · Report post

I'm sorry. I thought you knew that. My apologies.  I'm glad James was able to help.  He's brilliant.

Posted · Report post

yeah I'm picking up bits and pieces and read the docs and I'm sure they will get better and I will continue to get better at this product.  Thanks.

Posted · Report post

I'm glad to see we're in complete accord about the growth and improvement of the docs.  They're fluid, living resources and an integral part of the PL community.  I appreciate your help with improving them! :)