Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Blank Site in Chrome

Question

Posted · Report post

I completed a photography site with pagelines and it works in all browsers except chrome.  Was working in chrome but then just stopped and not its blank there and the guy is a bit upset.  I've tried clearing the cache and deactivating plugins but its not bringing the site up in chrome.  The page is blank but the code is there.  Would really appreciate in insight because this is not a test site and it is live.  www.picturesfromtheheart.net

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

starting to get nervous about pagelines.  so far I like the ease of use and the streamlined workflow but seems to be some inconsistancies.  Now just going back to the tab the site is now showing all by itself.  Sometimes its blank and others its not on chrome.  Probably also tied to why I was getting a blank page with pagelines after install.  I do not use chrome much except for this so I have no plugins installed and need to find a permanent solution to blank pages.

Posted · Report post

Are the pages completely blank? Nothing on them? If you right click and try to view the source, do you get anything? If so, what?

A completely blank page is usually a sign of PHP errors caused usually by errors in code writing or a plugin. See http://docs.pagelines.com/support-troubleshooting/white-screen-of-death

If you're seeing considerable html code viewing the source of the blank page, then clearly something's hiding it.  If you're seeing really minimal html code, then the problem is likely a PHP error or a Javascript error.  While you said you have no plugins, your comment seems to indicate that there are no browser add-ons.  What kind of plugins do you have in the site?

What kind of hosting are you using, and how much memory does your host provide for PHP processing.  I've seen blank screens caused by javascript, insufficient memory on the server, plugin conflicts, etc.

Posted · Report post

correct no browser add-ons and only having issues in chrome.  the hosting shouldnt be an issue with one wordpress install.  I can log into the backend but it was a front-end issue.  You could see all of the source code if you viewed page source yet nothing was displaying and I can log into the backend.

Posted · Report post

Even without browser add-ons, settings in the browser can do the same thing.   I've seen the site and can see the header/footer on every single page.  What I did not wait around to see is the galleries.

I must respectfully disagree with this:

the hosting shouldnt be an issue with one wordpress install.

The basic requirements for DMS call for 40Mb memory for PHP, as specified in the documentation.   When I've experienced blank screens caused by memory issues, it was as simple as several people visiting the site simultaneously (as few as 2), causing a massive drain on the memory.   Most standard hosting packages on good hosts give you 32Mb, but shared hosts can have hundreds and hundreds of sites using the same limited resources.  Even if they offer 64Mb for the server, it's insufficient if one... just one of those sites gets some heavy traffic. 

Thus you really need to examine the specs for your hosting, and make sure they match. If necessary, you may need to upgrade hosting, though I cannot say that this is definitely related to server configuration.  I've reloaded your site five times (each page) to see if I get any blank screens and I'm happy to say none.

Do you have any old plugins? Did you use any legacy products from Framework on DMS?