• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 franckhelin

franckhelin

• Members

• 144 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

Hello,

Does anyone know if the plug-ins "Mega Slider" is compatible with V2 & DMS? You can find it on this Canyon code http://codecanyon.ne...4313171 address

If not, does anyone know of a plug-in of the same quality focntionne with PageLines?

Thank you.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

@franckhelin  That's not even a WordPress plugin.  It's a Drupal module.  It will not work in DMS, which is not Drupal compatible.  DMS is WordPress only. It will not work with Drupal or Joomla modules, sections or plugins. .

That product however, looks like our RevSlider which can be formatted to make the text look the same, using some basic CSS.

#3 franckhelin

franckhelin

• Members

• 144 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

You are wrong, it is indeed a wordpress plug-ins since I am trying to use it with PageLines V2. However, it is not working with DMS. In fact, I do not know how to insert the shortcode somewhere in the plugins page. Can someone help me?

Thank you.

#4 franckhelin

franckhelin

• Members

• 144 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

The link connects you to the page for Drupal, but there are plugins for WP.

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

Well, if you link me to a product for Drupal, it's clear my reply was correct.  If there's a WP version, I wouldn't know that. 

If the WP version isn't working in DMS, then likely the problem is some conflict. Ask their developer to download DMS (free) and test it.  We don't provide support for 3rd party plugins.  Most developers in CodeCanyon are very cooperative and will work to find you a solution to use their products.  We've had great success at getting the kind cooperation of their developers in past.

#6 franckhelin

franckhelin

• Members

• 144 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:19 AM

The demo page of this plugin is that of Drupal.

#7 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

HellO Franckhelin 

This is the Wordpress version of the same plugin http://codecanyon.ne...-plugin/4673193 

#8 jmad

jmad

Advocate

• Members

• 897 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

So does anyone know if this works with DMS or not?

#9 Jake

Jake

Advocate

• Premium
  • 565 posts
  • LocationNC, USA

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

Hi @jmad - I don't believe any of us have tested that particular plugin internally but as Rob suggested, your best bet is probably to reach out to the developer and ask if they'll do so and report back to you so you can make an informed decision regarding the purchase.

#10 jmad

jmad

Advocate

• Members

• 897 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:01 AM

It seems to work just by posting the shortcode in a text box....although I haven't been able to get it to 100% browser width.

#11 Jake

Jake

Advocate

• Premium
  • 565 posts
  • LocationNC, USA

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

Thanks for checking back in and letting us know how you made out.

#12 jmad

jmad

Advocate

• Members

• 897 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:57 AM

So, I'm actually in the Pro Version now but wanted to add to this topic.  How do I make a text box 100% browser width?  I have the megamenu shortcode and the slider works but I can't get it to go 100% I think because I have it in a text box....

#13 franckhelin

franckhelin

• Members

• 144 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

I don't now, sorry.

#14 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16982 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

Hi,

As this is a premium plugin, we are unable to inform you if this plugin will work with PageLines Framework or DMS. If the plugin follows the Wordpress API standards, then it should work with both.

#15 jmad

jmad

Advocate

• Members

• 897 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

Dany- 

The short code provided by megaslider does work but I can't get the slider to be 100% width.  I think it's because I can't make the text box 100% width.  Is there a way to make a component 100% browser width?  I'm using the Pro version if you want to move this topic to that forum.  

#16 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

Can you give us a link to the page where the slider is located? We might be able to find the right element.

Another Codecanyon developer was kind enough to download DMS (which is free), followed our docs and created a full-width section for their product.  I'm sure if you asked the developer to do this, he'd be happy to, since it will likely mean some added sales. 

#17 jmad

jmad

Advocate

• Members

• 897 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

I'll touch base with the developer of megaslider.  What's the name of the product you mentioned?  What I was really trying to ask was...is there a way to make a component like a text box full width?

#18 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

Hi, it was Ubermenu, and unfortunately a TextArea can't be made full-width on its own, as it fits, dynamically, within a container section. 

It is simply best to get the MegaSlider developer to develop a solution for DMS.  It only took the other developer a few days, and now it's offered via our store, free, even though the plugin has to be pruchased.