Photo
- - - - -

Exporting featured images

export featured images

Best Answer Jake , 13 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

Hi @23movisiedingen - Unfortunately you've stumbled upon a known issue with the WordPress importer (see http://www.wptavern....dpress-importer for an example of a recent discussion on the topic). I believe your best bet is to FTP the images from one place to another and as long as the URL structure remains the same, I have read that in many cases this works to solve the problem. If not, you may need to go into the database and do a universal find and replace to point to the new image directories.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 23movisiedingen

23movisiedingen

• Members

• 22 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

Hi,

I am migrating a site to another directory. The export and import of the Pagelines setting work fine for me, but what about the featured images?

They don't come with the Pagelines export and they are also not in the WP export (full export) that i made.

Please your ideas on this.

Rob

#2 Jake

Jake

Advocate

• Premium
  • 565 posts
  • LocationNC, USA

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:16 PM   Best Answer

Hi @

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

- Unfortunately you've stumbled upon a known issue with the WordPress importer (see

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

for an example of a recent discussion on the topic). I believe your best bet is to FTP the images from one place to another and as long as the URL structure remains the same, I have read that in many cases this works to solve the problem. If not, you may need to go into the database and do a universal find and replace to point to the new image directories.

• 23movisiedingen likes this