Main container div background

Question

Posted · Report post

I see that dms has sections and for me Im trying to create a solid box around the main container div  one solid color background with another few divs on top with other colors.  How would this be done in pagelines?  Basically a backgroun

d texture with the main div on top in another color.  With the sections everything is separated so how would I make something that is completely behind everything?  Like this image hereminimal.jpg

15 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

OK gotcha. So first thing I recommend is using the "boxed display" setting in the DMS Global Options - Layout & Nav. After that, go to Global Options - Color & Style and choose white as the Content Base Color and then upload your image/set repeat attributes under the Background Image settings. I think that should do the trick for you but let us know if that's not the case.

Posted · Report post

Each of the three basic sections of a DMS page has an edit option.  Each editing area for these has a background image option as well as a custom CSS class field.  You could upload a background image and tile it, or, you can add a color by CSS (which is the most economical on page load time). 

Then, in your content area, you can also set a custom class.  You can apply a gradient to the class so that you can recreate the white rectangle part of that image, and give it some transparency using this site http://www.colorzilla.com/gradient-editor/

The rest of it is simply the implementation of an image in the content area.

Posted · Report post

Thanks, I realized that if I just go into "color/style" and set the background image then go into the sections and set the specific background image that I want on top there it works.  I see that what you are talking about Egg but what if I wanted a white div around the content?  Since the div doesnt stretch around the who area would I repeat and Image?

Posted · Report post

Wrap the content in a div containing a unique class.  Add padding, and white background for that one class.

Posted · Report post

I am trying to put a pure color in the background for the page like normal wordpress themes.  I know I asked this but I cannot seem to figure out how to just make one color for the content divs and a background.  Basically a main white color for the site and a background.  In regular wordpress themes this is easy because there is one container but here there are sections and they split so how would I just make one white box around all my content? 

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Can you provide a link to your site, so we can see what you have at the moment and also, the image you posted in your first post, is that what you're trying to achieve ?

As I am slightly confused, as you say you want something similar to that image, but then in your post above, you want a site and background to white ?

Posted · Report post

this is what Im trying to do, put a color or one image in the container while I still have a background image.

white.jpg

Posted · Report post

Hi outtareach - So just to try to clarify, you are looking to have the center content background white and the overall site background that grey image?

Posted · Report post

yes like in the pick or have the white go from to to footer but regardless Im trying to get this accomplished like you see with basic twenty twelve theme.  just a solid color/pattern image behind the main content and another background image on the main background.  Most themes have a main container div around the entire content making this easy with regular themes but I cannot figure it out here.

Posted · Report post

thanks a lot as that works but how do I keep the header without the background like in the image above?

Posted · Report post

You could use CSS to make the header background color transparent.

Posted · Report post

I put this in there but it didnt work.

background-color:transparent;

just still displays white.

Posted · Report post

This is because you're using Box Mode and the box wrap class has a background color assigned to it. Therefore, you can not make the header area transparent as the background color for your boxed-wrap is going from higher up the DOM.

Therefore, what you're going to need to do is override the boxed-wrap background color #FFF with transparent then apply a background #FFF to your page class.

This will give you a transparent header and a white content area.

Posted · Report post

that seemed to work, thanks for the input.

Posted · Report post

Great!