Photo
Filtering

Filter Thumbnail vs Post Featured Image

Best Answer Jenny , 18 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

Please let us know if you still need help with this topic otherwise I will close it in 7 days. Thanks! :)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 q2tech

q2tech

• Members

• 4 posts
  • Framework Version:Developer

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:27 AM

The Section Filter is working great but I have a question regarding the image that shows for the filtering vs an individual post image.

I have a Custom Post Section (Galleries) that is housing individual artwork posts with categories The artwork pics for each post are all over the map in sizes. Thus when I use the pics as a featured item for the post and view the filter page the images are of course all different sizes.

if however i crop a section of each artwork pic to use as a thumbnail (ie 250 x 250) via the featured image the filtered section looks consistent and good but the featured image for the actual post is just a thumbnails size. I have seen isotope galleries that have a masonic layout with different sizes and layouts of images. Is this something that can be done with this section?

Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this issue of mine or give me suggestions of a better approach?

Thank you in advance :)

Regards,

Jeffrey

#2 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 290 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

@q2tech Filtering is more for for displaying content/images more uniformly. I know what you are looking for, just Filtering is built using columns, making everything even.

Let me see if there is anything out there that uses isotope like that.

Ellen 

#3 q2tech

q2tech

• Members

• 4 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

Oh I can understand that. So when you say uniformly you are also saying the featured images all need to be the same fixed size as the others in order to get that uniform layout correct?

Jeffrey

#4 q2tech

q2tech

• Members

• 4 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

I sould clarify.... I am asking if, given that the filter images come from the post's featured image field, that i need to have all of the posts have the same featured image dimensions?

I think i know the answer and that is fine but I suppose i am looking at adding the following steps:

1) Make equal dimension thumbs of all of the images to use in the featured image of each for uniformity in the filtering

2) Find a way to disable the featured image and either use a custom field for a main image of teh post or just manually have the client add the photo in the content.

Not really a question specific to the filter Section but any yes/no or other comment to those options would be appreciated :)

PS. Ellen I commend you on the great work! :)

#5 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 290 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

@q2tech Is there a link to the site so I can see what you are trying to do? I'm having a hard time visualizing it and we may be making the issue more complicated than it is. 

Or, if the site isn't online, screenshots of what Filtering looks like with the images when the post pages are setup to display the way you want.

Thanks.

Ellen

#6 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:04 PM   Best Answer

Please let us know if you still need help with this topic otherwise I will close it in 7 days. Thanks! :)

#7 getlink

getlink

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:27 AM

i have one question. how much degree exactly should i filter image.  sometimes i will do excessive filtering. so the image will turn out to be bad quality.

so any suggestion on this one.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Filtering