• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tajogesi

tajogesi

• Validating
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

Hi, 

Because of the twitter that doesn't work in the morefoot area i had to put the designlayout in columns, but now it is hard to have the right space between the blocks on my homepage. The homepage is varies in different browser. On my Ipad on safari some stick the the block above, while in the Ipad chrome browser the look like I want them to look. Before with my boxes on the homepage the negative margins looks much better than now with the columns.

Any idea how to solve this or have better margins between the columns.

Kind regards

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17580 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

Hi,

Can you provide a link to your site please.

#3 tajogesi

tajogesi

• Validating
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

Hi Danny,

I thought you could see it on my member information, but herewith www.baeno.nl it also doesn't load so pretty anymore like with the boxes, but that is a small issue.

Kind regards

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17580 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

Yeah I could see that, but sometimes users are referring to a completely different website.

Basically, your issue is related to your custom CSS and class(es) you have added to your Grid HTML. Please be aware we are unable to provide support to user created code.

If you want to customize the grid and keep it in proportion, you would probably want to remove the homebox div, as I am not entirely sure what that is doing and add a custom div after each span4 div or add a custom class to that the span4 div.

For example.

<div class="row">
<div class="span4 custom-class">
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

#5 tajogesi

tajogesi

• Validating
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

Hi Danny,

I created the homebox div to have the exact margins of the morefooter widgets, this is the .homebox {margin-left: -15pxpadding-top: 15pxwidth: 108%;}.

In my topic I do mean the bottom margins of the first colomn "Wat doet BA&O" relative to the "Agenda" widget and the second colomn "Nieuws" relative to the "Aanmelden nieuwsbrief". Now I do this with negative margins, just like i did it before with boxes on the homepage.

With the boxes the negative margings always works fine and I could create the exact margin I wanted to have between the boxes, with the columns now it varies. 

Kind regards

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

Probably because the columns are responsive, and boxes were fixed percentages.  If you added custom code for boxes to set padding/margins, etc, I'm sure it worked, but with responsive design, your content will wrap according to the way its length, and will keep the visible content looking like the padding/margins are wide one place, narrow in another. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: columns