Photo

Carousel Blanks?

carousel

Best Answer Rob , 12 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

Jenna,

Framework should be around a good long while.  I remember writing on another topic and advising you to upgrade to Framework more than 9 months ago. Unfortunately, things change.  DMS is the only product for sale presently but if you have a developer's license for Framework, you should be fine.

If you have 20 clients you're converting to, then really, the cost is $1.50 a month each. Technically, less if you pay per annum. See our Pricing page http://www.pagelines.com/pricing

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jennajonesdesign

jennajonesdesign

• Members

• 131 posts
  • LocationBillings, MT

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

Hello All!

I designed this site a year or two ago and everything has been working great. I have the carousel on the home page displaying a Next Gen gallery of client logos. Recently, the carousel just appears blanks. I have tried switching the carousel settings to recent posts and that does not work either, so it must be specifically an issue with the carousel, not NextGen Gallery. 

I have also tried deactivating all plugins and that does not work.

Any ideas?

http://govintagefive.com/

Thank you for your time!

Jenna

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

Jenna,

We no longer really support PlatformPro.  But, if you go to the NextGen website, you can download an earlier version and replace the current one. There is a conflict.  I am advising all PlatforPro users, and have been doing so for some time... to upgrade because it's going to just stop working one day and we won't be fixing or helping.  Please, get DMS as soon as possible.  I just converted a site for a friend and it took me only 90 minutes.

#3 jennajonesdesign

jennajonesdesign

• Members

• 131 posts
  • LocationBillings, MT

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

So, is DMS going to be the only option? I really don't like the idea of being locked into a monthly rate forever. That gives me no control over cost for my clients if you guys decide to up the rate at some point. I would WAY rather pay a developers fee. Has there been any discussion about this? I have done probably 20+ sites with PageLines and have loved it, but this is enough for me to start pursuing other option instead. 

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:37 AM   Best Answer

Jenna,

Framework should be around a good long while.  I remember writing on another topic and advising you to upgrade to Framework more than 9 months ago. Unfortunately, things change.  DMS is the only product for sale presently but if you have a developer's license for Framework, you should be fine.

If you have 20 clients you're converting to, then really, the cost is $1.50 a month each. Technically, less if you pay per annum. See our Pricing page http://www.pagelines.com/pricing

#5 jennajonesdesign

jennajonesdesign

• Members

• 131 posts
  • LocationBillings, MT

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

Thanks for your response. Many of the website I have been upgraded to Framework. This just an older one. I did install an older version of NextGen gallery and that fixed it. 

I bit the bullet and got DMS! I hope I love it! So far it does look pretty cool. ;)

Jenna

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

Jenna,

I know you'll be smart enough to start with the Docs http://docs.pagelines.com, and that you'll do amazing things with DMS!

#7 jennajonesdesign

jennajonesdesign

• Members

• 131 posts
  • LocationBillings, MT

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:40 PM

ha. Thanks. I will get reading the docs and save the tough questions for the forums. ;)

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:35 AM

Bellissimo! :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: carousel