Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HELP! I think I just deleted my site!!!

Question

Posted · Report post

I hope you can help. I am totally new to all this and have just been spending the last few days learning my way around WordPress & PlatformPro. I had installed all the demo pages and then decided to delete them all now that I was ready to start building the real site. In doing so the content area of the home page showed up a 404 error. I wasn't sure which page controlled the home page of the site and when restoring the file named "index" from the trash this didn't fix it so I had a great idea. (not) I thought I'll start again from scratch, uninstall the Platform theme and upload it again. I was working on the "Base" theme so when I went into Themes from the dashboard I deleted the main platform pro theme first. At that point everything went white. Since then I tried a whole lot of fiddling to no avail. I use a control panel for my hosting so I uninstalled and reinstalled Wordpress giving the new database a new name. But each time after I uploaded and activated the PlatformPro Theme the screen went blank (white). I should say that the standard Wordpress theme appears. Any help appreciated. eeeek! Fiona

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

A little confused. Let me get this straight... what did you delete? Your DB is where all your info is stored.

Posted · Report post

Hi Andrew, sorry about the rambling in the last post, I was in the WordPress Dashboard and tried to uninstall the Platform Pro theme (don't ask!). However, as I'm replying to you here I just went back into the WordPress Dashboard and I see there is an error there: Broken Themes The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template. Name Description platformpro Stylesheet is missing. Not sure how to remedy this... Fiona

Posted · Report post

Andrew, I got it sorted. It was due to the fact that I was uploading an empty "platformpro.zip" file which I had downloaded from the site. Once I realised I had been using an empty zip I found an earlier download of the same files from yesterday, uploaded that and bingo, I'm back in business. By the way, I am loving the Platform Pro software and don't mean to keep messing things up!! Thanks Fiona

Posted · Report post

I've got the same problem but this is what happened to me at first. I downloaded the product from the link, tried to install the new theme, activated the theme and as soon as I activate it, the screen goes white and I have to delete the wordpress blog folder from my server and start a new one. NEED HELP FAST. Site is down.

Posted · Report post

I've the same problem described above. Even unzipping the platform.zip and manually uploading it to the webserver doesn't solve the problem. Need help - very fast! Payed 69,- EUR for a currently not-working theme!

Posted · Report post

Jarred, You might have the same problem as I did. Try unzipping your Platformpro.zip file on your compluter. When I did my one was empty. Luckily I had another version of it with all the files in it available to upload and when I did it resolved the white screen issue. Fiona