7 replies to this topic

#1 ejazzy

ejazzy

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNYC
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

My name is Alyse Howard and I am Panicked about Reporting a Bug or Problem. My Website ishttp://www.theurbancoin.com (http://www.theurbancoin.com), and my PageLines Username is ejazzy.

-----------------------------------

I installed the DMS template. Just to check it out - I have not paid yet. And now, this is all I get when I go to my website or try to login to Wordpress:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function pl_has_editor() in /home/content/47/10797447/html/wp-content/themes/dms/sections/navbar/section.php on line 222

I did not even activate this template yet. ----- I have Disqus, Shareholic, and a few other 3rd party plugins I cannot think of active on Pagelines - which is my current template.

....PLEASE HELP!!

Alyse

After reading some other posts, I see that it may be because I did not deactivate all 3rd party plugins. This was not given as an instruction to upload it. But at this point I cannot do anything at all. Maybe I'll call my host.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:33 AM

Alyse,

Your installation of DMS did not complete properly.

Do you have FTP access to your site or are you using a low-price host without FTP access?

#3 ejazzy

ejazzy

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNYC
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:30 PM

Yes, I have FTP access to my site. I do not know exactly what to do here, though. I have attached a screen print.

Attached File  Screenshot 2013-09-10 at 8.19.46 AM.png   484.79KB   0 downloads

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:39 PM

Okay, so here's what you do:

1.  Go to http://www.pagelines.com.  Get another copy of DMS (the latest) which should be about 4.2Mb.  Unzip it. Save the folder it contains, named dms to your computer's desktop.

2.  FTP to your site and navigate to wp-content/themes/ and find the dms folder there.  Delete it.  Do not worry about losing anything. All your custom code is located in the database. Images are elsewhere.  Wait, patiently till the original dms folder is fully deleted.

3.  When it's finished, upload the dms folder from your desktop to wp-content/themes/  Let the entire folder install, completely.

4.  If you have a cache plugin activated, use its settings to clear the cache.  If you're using CDN, clear that too.  Then, deactivate the cache plugin.

5.  Browse to your site in Chrome. Login as admin, then view the site.  Your toolbar should be at the bottom nor near bottom of your screen.

#5 Jenny W.

Jenny W.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Framework Version:Not Sure

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

I also updated using DMS and had it crash my site.  However, I do not have access to an ftp site.  My error is: 

Fatal error: Call to undefined function pl_add_options_page() in /homepages/24/d195554381/htdocs/PageLines/wp-content/themes/dms/sections/navbar/section.php on line 211. 

Can you help?

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

Make sure you're using the latest version of Wordpres with your DMS installation, this has been know to cause the error described.

Also disable any plugin which could possibly causing a conflict.

#7 Jenny W.

Jenny W.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Framework Version:Not Sure

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

Do you know of what possible plugins should be disabled?  I have the latest version.  I was able  to scrounge up the ftp site.  I followed the above directions, to no avail.  Thanks.

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:25 PM

If the instructions I provided don't work in your case Jenny, then disable all the plugins. 

See if the condition goes away when they're all deactivated.  The way to find out which one causes the problem is to re-activate each, one at a time, then check the site with a hard-refresh (shift-F5 on a Windows machine).

When you find the condition comes back, the last plugin re-activated is the one that caused the conflict.  Deactivate it, make a note to replace it and continue testing (since more than one plugin can cause a problem.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HELP!, installation, DMS, error, bug