Photo
- - - - -

Framework: Feature Sets Don't Appear in Menu on Page

2.4.4 feature feature sets

Best Answer Rob , 10 September 2013 - 05:57 AM

As you've probably heard by now, Framework is going to see no further product development.  That means extras, like Features, which use an older technology, will not be further developed.  If you're unhappy with its current configuration, I suspect the only possible solution is going to be to replace the slider with something more to your liking, or, hire a programmer to create a custom section based on the current Features.

I'm rather surprised at the limit of 7, and I've had more than that accessible.  I have more than 20 feature sets on my site, all available in the drop down selector menu for feature slides.

The limit you're facing may come from the creation of the feature sets and whether anything is assigned to them.  Framework is intelligent in that if the set is empty, it will not appear in a list to be selected.  After all, what's the point of selecting a set with nothing in it. Can you confirm that each set has slides assigned?

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 nizami

nizami

Advanced Member

• Members

• 70 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:31 PM

I have a number of Feature Sets (see attachment 1)...

...and now want to select one of those Feature Sets on a certain page. Easy, right?

Problem. Only 7 Feature Sets appear in the menu on the page. (see attachment 2).

I have refreshed all pages, saved options, published etc many times. 

Sorry - Attachment 2 in next message thanks to the tiny upload per message limit. 

Any ideas anyone? 

N

Attached Files

#2 nizami

nizami

Advanced Member

• Members

• 70 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:33 PM

Attachment 2...Nope...Now I can only upload 17.5K...ermmm...you'll just have to take my word for it there are only 7 options in the Feature Set to Display menu! 

#3 nizami

nizami

Advanced Member

• Members

• 70 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:33 PM

I've tried moving sub cat Feature Sets from out under the parent – didn't make any difference.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16342 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

Hi,

So are you saying that if you have more than seven feature sets, then you can't select them in the drop down menu, as there is a max of seven only being displayed in the select field ?

• nizami likes this

#5 nizami

nizami

Advanced Member

• Members

• 70 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

Hiya Danny, 

Yes that's it...Ideally I'd like a structured feature set taxonomy...and all the sets, regardless of position in hierarchy, to appear in the select menu when I deploy the Feature Section on a given page..at the moment it only shows the same, somewhat random set of 7...

#6 nizami

nizami

Advanced Member

• Members

• 70 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

this is on davinamackail.com BTW.. 

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:57 AM   Best Answer

As you've probably heard by now, Framework is going to see no further product development.  That means extras, like Features, which use an older technology, will not be further developed.  If you're unhappy with its current configuration, I suspect the only possible solution is going to be to replace the slider with something more to your liking, or, hire a programmer to create a custom section based on the current Features.

I'm rather surprised at the limit of 7, and I've had more than that accessible.  I have more than 20 feature sets on my site, all available in the drop down selector menu for feature slides.

The limit you're facing may come from the creation of the feature sets and whether anything is assigned to them.  Framework is intelligent in that if the set is empty, it will not appear in a list to be selected.  After all, what's the point of selecting a set with nothing in it. Can you confirm that each set has slides assigned?

#8 nizami

nizami

Advanced Member

• Members

• 70 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

Someone give that man a medal! Read your message first thing this morning and before even checking it (which I now have) I knew it was right! 

Many, many thanks Rob! Excellent and brilliant. I was trying to 'pre specify' the Feature Set to be shown. Soon as you add at least one slide, there they all are. 

Probably I'm weird, but I can imagine cases where you would want to pre specify...like you build the taxonomy before you populate it. Maybe a connected thought is when you're piping stuff in from XML or something. And another thought would be – if/when you guys ever get chance – on screen documentation for these behaviours might save a lot of forum time. 

Anyway, well pleased I can crack on. Thanks again.

N

#9 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

Ummm.... cough, cough... they already have, 27 times. But thank you!

I think the reasonable solution here is... create all the sets you want... just remember that when you want to apply one of them, add a slide to it first. Easy peasy!

• nizami likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2.4.4, feature, feature sets