Photo

Black Bar above header shows old content

Best Answer spagrl , 16 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

I finally narrowed down the plugin to Facebook Thumb Fixer, in case any one else has a similar issue.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 spagrl

spagrl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Framework Version:Pagelines Pro

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:30 AM

Hi there.
I'm having trouble with my website. I have two pages that have started randomly displaying old content (over three years old!) in a large black bar above my header. I've cleared my cache and checked my header code, which hasn't been changed since this started. I checked Firebug but it just lists this stuff as regular text. I deleted this ages ago and I don't know where to go to delete it now. I've included links below.

I also noticed recently when I searched a term (dermatologists) on my website that I pulled up my old bio page as one of my search listings.

Please help me. I've figured out how to fix a lot of problems by myself, but this has completely stumped me.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15120 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:02 AM

Hi spagrl, Can you login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Platform Pro > Custom Code and check and see if you have anything in the Header Scripts area. If you, can you remove for the time being (i.e. copy and paste it to a text file), save your settings and see if this resolves your issue. If it doesn't, then I recommend you disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue.

#3 spagrl

spagrl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:35 AM

I tried that. I got the black bar off of my About Me Page, but it's still on my Find Me page. I currently have no active plugins. I thought the problem had been solved, but I was halfway through reactivating the plugins and the black bars came back.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15120 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:15 AM

Can you email me your admin username/password please and I will take a look for you. Also, do you give me permission to disable all plugins, whilst I investigate your issue?

#5 spagrl

spagrl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

Ok, emailed. Thank you!

Edited by spagrl, 10 September 2013 - 02:34 PM.

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:48 AM

Hi there,

I've passed your details on to Danny as we've recieved your email. I've checked the site and from what you've said in the email it sounds like it's some form of plugin conflict, as you mention it goes on/off with activating/deactivating certain plugins. Unfortunately I couldn't get it to happen live on the site though when i went through the plugins, those two pages just stayed as normal.

Did you notice it happen on a specific plugin in particular?

#7 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15120 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

Hi Shannon,

Just replied to your email, but thought I would reply here also. I have logged into your site and I am now unable to see the black bar issue now, has the issue been resolved ?

#8 spagrl

spagrl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:51 PM   Best Answer

I finally narrowed down the plugin to Facebook Thumb Fixer, in case any one else has a similar issue.

#9 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

Thanks for letting us know!