Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Page Width - Extra White Space Added on Right Side

Question

Posted · Report post

Can someone take a look at the following page of my site: http://test.canalclubvenice.com/menu/

Extra white space is being added on the right hand side of the browser. You are able to scroll left and right.

How do I fix this so that the website fits into the entire space of the browser and there is no white space on either the left or ride side?

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

HELLO? Anyone there from Pagelines support!?

Posted · Report post

Hi, I'm sorry for the delay in responding.

I've looked over your site and I'm now hungry as could be!  The one thing I don't see is a white space on the right.  Is there any particular browser or condition in which the whitespace is shown?

Posted · Report post

Scroll bar pops up on Firefox, Safari and Chrome and you can scroll left and right. Make your browswer size smaller (1024 or smaller) white space of about 50px is added on right.

Posted · Report post

I would send u a screenshot but the dumb uploader will only let me upload a file that is 2.41 KB!?

Posted · Report post

The white space is there on iphones and everywhere. Do you see it now?

Posted · Report post

I don't have an iphone or ipad, but on my Samsung Galaxy III and even on my Kindle, I do not see any horizontal scaling; no white or grey space on the right except the vertical scroller which is due to the site's height.

I even went so far as to connect my HDMI cable and check the site out on my 32" television and still I had no issues.

I looked on two different computers as well.  So I'm confused.

If you can't use our uploader, please make a screenshot and upload it to a third party service like https://droplr.com/hello

Posted · Report post

I have this same issue on the ipad, iphone...when you touch the screen a horizontal scroll bar comes up and if you pinch then an area of white space shows on the right of the frame.  Could it be the width of the site or the menu bar?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

jmad

A link?