Photo
- - - - -

home page to show image too?

image homepage

Best Answer laughingmom , 11 September 2013 - 03:13 AM

Thank you for your reply. Your Platform Pro has a whole section on configuring if a blog post shows in a excerpt or full on the initial page, blog page, search results and categories.

But I figured out how to add the image! In each post, there is the option to select a 'Feature Image'.

Thank you.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 laughingmom

laughingmom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:37 AM

Hello,

I am using the PLATFORM theme. I have it set to show just excerpts on the homepage. How do I edit it to show the excerpt, plus the image for the post? Your demo shows this capability.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

Are you using DMS or PlatformPro?

I don't know of any literature or demonstrations we've offered that show excerpts only. That can be achieved with CSS.  May I have a link?

#3 laughingmom

laughingmom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:13 AM   Best Answer

Thank you for your reply. Your Platform Pro has a whole section on configuring if a blog post shows in a excerpt or full on the initial page, blog page, search results and categories.

But I figured out how to add the image! In each post, there is the option to select a 'Feature Image'.

Thank you.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:01 AM

Excellent. 

You may want to consider upgrading to DMS, as PlatformPro is no longer supported. You will find it amazing. I convered a PPro site I built more than 2 years ago, to DMS... a big site too, and did it in under 90 minutes, including new graphics. It's amazing!

#5 laughingmom

laughingmom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:30 AM

I am not pumped to hear that. I JUST signed up for wordpress.org and Platform Pro shows as an available template, along with a link to "get support". I just spent 2 weeks migrating my site over, not sure I am interested in doing it all again. Perhaps the template should be marked somewhere to indicate it isn't supported.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

Platform Pro is on Wordpress.org? I find Platform (the lite version), and PageLines (the lite version of Framework), but not Platform Pro, which was a paid version.  Can you point me to the source of this?

#7 laughingmom

laughingmom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

Sorry - Platform is available. The Pro is an option to purchase.

Get the Pro Version
Platform is a free theme based on PageLines Framework, a premium product by PageLines.
Buy PageLines Framework for tons more options, sections and templates.

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

That's outdated information.  PlatformPro and Framework are no longer available for purchase. PlatformPro is more than 3 years old, and Framework, though younger, is being slowly replaced by DMS. While Framework still works, it cannot be purchased today.

DMS is the way to go, and a much, much better solution than the free version of Platform, which is quite old technology and much more difficult to use than DMS.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: image, homepage