Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

mobile phone version not working in iphone5

Question

Posted · Report post

I have a site just about ready to launch. The live test version is at http://www.tfp.box9design.org. When I view the site on my iphone5  it serves the regular desktop version (see attached image). When I view the site on my desktop in chrome and shrink it down to a small browser window, the mobile version kicks in (see attached image).

It also serves the mobile version when I test the site in mobile phone emulators.

Any insight as to what's happening here? Is there an option I haven't checked?

Any input would be appreciated.

hmmm, seems I cannot attach more than one

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

There was no image attached only the link. Do you have the v2 compatibility mode checked at all in your set up? You can find this in Global Options>advanced i nthe DMS control panel.

Posted · Report post

well, I didn't know about the 'enable v2 compatibility mode'. I built this version of the site basically from scratch, so compatibility with Framework should not come into play.

I did check to enable v2 compatibility anyway. However, it has not helped the situation. I'll attempt to attach the screenshot again here.

Any other suggestions?

Posted · Report post

When your site is viewed on various mobile devices, browser specific CSS kicks in to set the way the site will look on that device.  When you shrink the site on your computer's browser to try and emulate the size of a mobile screen, none of that CSS is implemented, so there's absolutely no comparison.  Unless you're expecting a rash of screen shrinking visitors to view your site, there's really thing to fix.

Posted · Report post

I guess that's my point. The browser specific css is not kicking in. Check my url on a phone. The mobile version of the menu is not displayed. It is a teeny tiny version of the desktop site. I was under the impression that DMS is fully responsive to the device you're viewing the site on.

Do I have to insall a bunch of plugins like before (with framework)?

How do I get a mobile menu to show on my site when viewed on a phone?

Posted · Report post

Do you have any of those plugins from Framework active? Deactivate them if you do -- they could be causing this problem.  James is correct in asking about v2 Compability because it may be you have Disable Mobile View set for your site in Framework mode and can uncheck it.

If you have a cache plugin or use CDN, clear the cache in either/both.

If you have custom code you copied from Framework, check it because it's possible some of it is forcing the site to be full width.

Do you have the Browser Specific CSS plugin installed and activated?  Did you write any custom code for it?