Audio Player Major issue with Conflicting Player!

Question

Posted · Report post

This is a major problem!  When you install your Audio Player wordpress says there is an update but once you click the update it changes your audio player to another one which is from a guy names "Martin Laine " and those is replaces yours.  I think you need to have a better name for the folder because I think his is "audio player" also and it conflicts with yours thus overriding yours.

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I bumbed the version number to 100.2 so that my plugin always have a higher number than the conflicting player.

Download the update on http://pagelines.com/my-account

Posted · Report post

are you checking this?  seems to be a big issue?

Posted · Report post

thanks, nice work

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I redownloaded from the link above and still its asking me to update and when I click "update details" it still shows the other audio player

Posted · Report post

I am not able to replicate that.

Posted · Report post

Alex I've reinstalled this plugin from my downloads 3 times and every time I install it says "Version 1.0 | By Aleksander Hansson" and no new version which still is telling me to update which is martin laine's audio plugin.  I guess the pagelines system isn't updating the plugin or I'm doing something wrong.  I go to account/downloads and re-download it and every time the update is giving me his plugin.

Posted · Report post

Looks like it was linking to the old file. I updated the link in backend so it is now the correct file that is being served.

Try and download it one more time and install the file. It will update! :)