Load PageLines Template - not remembering choice - dependent on existence of Postloop?

Question

Posted · Report post

Howdi

I have several templates saved in my experimental site. When I go into the WP editor for a page and select a template from the "Load PageLines Template" dropdown, the choice is Not saved/remembered when I click Publish. The screen is refreshed and the same "Select Template" is highlighted in the drop down instead of what had just been chosen???

So how do you choose a template for a page?

Have had an issue with Postloop and DMS sections. Perhaps this is what's causing the problem??? If the template has NO POSTLOOP, then can you not assign it to a page?

Also, what's the recommended way to use Postloop? Should you always have it on your page and put your main content there? Is there a way and situation in which you have JUST DMS Sections on a page and NO Postloop area? If so, does this mess things up? Would LOVE to have more info on how to use Postloop and Sections together to create the design, hierarchy and functionality you wish.

It would be nice to have 1 interface to have to educate clients about instead of "use the DMS interface to edit this stuf - but you have to click this button and use the regular WP editor and interface to edit that content..." I have a couple web-challenged clients and I know this will be a headache for them.

Thanks

Johnnie-0

1 answer to this question

Posted · Report post

It sounds like you have a plugin conflict preventing your page from saving the template selection in WP edit mode.   You mentioned the page refreshing but neither DMS nor WP would 'refresh' WP edit page.  You'd see a spinner, while the page saves, but there's no refresh.  You'd only refresh a page AFTER publishing in DMS on the front end.

Postloop is not needed on a page for it to be saved or a template assigned.  I should point out though, that in editing Posts, the template isn't assigned via the WP editing screen. Only with DMS on the front end. 

The postloop is only used to pull content from the database for posts or the blog page (all the posts), for archives, search results, categories. But not pages.

Have you been through our documentation at http://docs.pagelines.com ?