• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 compassl

compassl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

There is spacing between the header and template and footer and template.  How do you make the header, template, and footer all look like they are in one div wapper?   I wanted to put a background image that starts at the header and ends in the footer..  This is different than the body background.

Edited by compassl, 06 September 2013 - 09:16 PM.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

Can you provide a link that we may see the condition?

#3 compassl

compassl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

When you install dms there are three areas to drag and drop sections - The header , The Template, and The Footer.  Each of these areas is seperated by spacing.  If you put a menu in the header it does not butt up agains the template.  Im just saying it would be nice to have a layout where these three sections are in one wrapper so they are all touching.  I can see my body background image in between the three sections.    I tried leaving the header and footer empty and then putting a logo and menu at the top of the template area so there was not separation, but the configurations dont save in the template so each new page requires me to go back in and confirgure the menu again.

Edited by compassl, 07 September 2013 - 09:04 PM.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17623 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:45 AM

Can you provide a link as I am not sure what your issue is. If I add a background to the header, template and footer template areas, each background color is touching one another.

#5 studioc5

studioc5

Advanced Member

• Members

• 35 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

http://clippertreeservice.com

As you can see, there is spacing between the header and template, and footer and template.  I need that padding gone for the site to look right.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17623 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

@studioc5 - That website isn't using a PageLines Product, therefore we are unable to provide support.

#7 studioc5

studioc5

Advanced Member

• Members

• 35 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

@studioc5 - That website isn't using a PageLines Product, therefore we are unable to provide support.

Sorry,  Its here, clippertreeservice.com/newsite

#8 studioc5

studioc5

Advanced Member

• Members

• 35 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

Ok, I found that if you click edit on the section there is a padding option Set Area Padding.   So this answered my question.  But I think there is a bug, Since the section inside the template area has local options only and not global, you have to edit the padding for every new page you create. 

The padding is an inline style so if you want to overwrite it you must use

.pl-area-wrap {
    padding: 0 !important;
}

Edited by studioc5, 27 September 2013 - 12:58 PM.

#9 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17623 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

Hi,

This is related to you having no background color, its currently trasnparent and then you have added an image to your pl-content area. If you want to have no gaps use the .boxed-wrap class instead of pl-content.

For example - http://d.pr/i/t7lp

#10 studioc5

studioc5

Advanced Member

• Members

• 35 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

When I use .boxed-wrap it covers the entire background.  Not just the inner content.

#11 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

That's normal.  One is the overall background and another is the content area background  Ultimately you can create background color or image behind the more global area, and other in the local area. image.  You'll end up with the effect desired.

#12 studioc5

studioc5

Advanced Member

• Members

• 35 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

Im going to say that this is unresolved. Sorry Rob but I dont understand anything in your last post. 

What is the class to target to put a background in the content area ? .boxed-wrap is the main warpper so this is not what I need.

.pl-content worked for me to put a background behind the content but I was told that was wrong...

#13 Jake

Jake

Advocate

• Premium
  • 565 posts
  • LocationNC, USA

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

Hi @studioc5 - Let's try and get this sorted out. If I look at your original post I think I understand at least one of your desired results is to remove the gap the header. Can you try

#header, body .pl-area .pl-section {margin: 0px;}

and let us know how that goes?