Photo
- - - - -

How to add featured header image to page template ?

feature image

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 compassl

compassl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

Im sure you have seen wordpress templates where you can upload a featured image on a page and it shows up in the header above the content. I would like to do this with in dms. I didnt see a featured image component and in the post loop component is said something about thubnail for post but that is certainly different than featured image for page.   Featured images are uploaded in the page editor so we need a compontent that contains the php to call the image.

#2 Jake

Jake

Advocate

• Premium
  • 565 posts
  • LocationNC, USA

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

Hi @compassl - I'm not sure I totally understand what you're looking for/to accomplish, but it's probably something you can add with a section above the page content that includes an image, like the highlight section or perhaps a text box. Another option would be to use a hook http://api.pagelines...libs/hooks.html, like pagelines_loop_before_post_content.

#3 compassl

compassl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

I can try to figure out hooks, that probably the right options.   For the novice programmer though It would be great if it could be done through dms.  I coulnt use a highlight section, I dont want my end user to use the dms so the templates I create have to be manageble through the admin and page editor.  I wonder if I put a php get featured image inside a text box if it would work.   One problem I see with dms is the settings you make on one page donot save into the template.  If I create a slider with 3 images and I save that into a template. The next page I create will have the default slider instead of the one I created.  Our saved templates need to have sticky configurations.

#4 compassl

compassl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:54 AM

I created a featured image section. Ill publish it to the free store when I can firgure out how to.

Edited by compassl, 07 September 2013 - 12:54 AM.

• Jake likes this

#5 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:34 AM

Hi there, excellent sounds great :-)

If you're looking to publish in the store you'll need to sign up to the 300 group at http://www.pagelines.com/the-300/, then one of the core team will get back to you to advise further and complete your sign up.

Have a great weekend

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: feature image