Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

WooCommerce on Framework

Question

Posted · Report post

Does anyone else have issues (or better still, solution :-)  for WC on F/w 2.4.4 (with W/c for PL plugin installed and activated): 

1. Shop page gets somehow divorced from global Framework settings

2. Shop page meta settings don't work...? 

Running with no extra sections and all plugins deactivated other than W/c for PL and W/c main WP plugin. 

What am I trying to do? 

Ideally: 

1. maintain the global settings for Wicker (inside Header global wrapper) onto the Shop page. Instead it uses default Wicker settings. 

2. be able to select the no sidebars Layout under Shop/Page Options. 

3. (lower priority...hide the WP page title on Shop, as it is on all other pages). 

URL: http://davinamackail.com/shop

Cheers 

N

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

There was an integration created by one of our developers for Woocommerce on Framework.

Posted · Report post

Hi N,

This is a baffling issue that has happened to others, like I said in private message, it happened to me having too many sections active. You should be able to control those things but the settings aren't being saved at all for the shop page.

Another thing to try is to reinstall the Framework.

Ellen

Posted · Report post

Hi Ellen, 

Thanks for the response. 

I might try and reinstall everything from scratch (again)...but it might be a hiding to nothing. 

Bit disappointing really... Where does one go from here? DMS?

Anyone prepared to guarantee the Shop page works via W/c on DMS?   

N

Posted · Report post

Hi N,

Actually WooCommerce works out of the box with DMS. The WooCommerce for PageLines plugin was developed because there were problems between the Framework and WooCommerce.

I know it is frustrating and wish I could offer more help. What I would do personally is do a fresh install on another sub domain, export my data from the old site using the Tools menu, import the data into new site and see if it works. I would do that because it might be something wrong in the database and a fresh install might fix the issue.

Ellen

Posted · Report post

Hiya...

Just did what you say above...in fact a totally fresh install of WP onto ServerPress (great product BTW) and still no joy styling the shop page. It's definitely not a WP thing as you can make changes to WP/Appearance/Widgets and they show up in the Shop page. I may take a look at DMS on ServerPress...but I have to say, will be making direct comparisons with Headway. Probably a case of grass is greener but their live demo is very well put together. Then again learning curve should be lower with DMS ;-P

While you're there...one of the big obstacles for me with this stuff is I don't know the architecture of Pagelines, like how it sits on WP etc...

Some kind of diagram would be incredibly useful. Do you know of anything like that?

Posted · Report post

I have asked Ellen to revisit this topic. :)

Posted · Report post

nizami Just wondering if you tried WooCommerce on a DMS install and if it worked.

Posted · Report post

Don't think it's a good idea to switch to DMS mid project...:-) 

Anyway I found a work-around to non-behaving global sections on the WC-controlled shop page... set them to not display by default. 

(I'm using Wicker to add a full width image slider to the very top of the Header.) 

BTW regards Wicker (with or without WC installed) using Site Options to try to set a global default doesn't work. In fact, saving site options produces a 404 on the Options page itself, so the behaviour is very strange, and for a newbie, looks extremely risky!

Anyway...latest issues are:

1. Cannot control order of category display on the Shop page using TAxonomy Order (NSP)

2. How does pagelines customize section work? Have installed and activated, apparently successfully, and can't find anything in the Pagelines UI? 

Posted · Report post

nizami Interesting that it's not a WC issue -- something funky with your site. I can get someone in General Support to help you again now that we know it is not the plugin.

The Pagelines Customize section gives you a functions.php and style.css file to customize without a child theme. You can edit those files through Plugins --> Editor and then choose the Pagelines Customize Plugin.

For WooCommerce category display order try going under WooCommerce --> Settings --> Catalog and set the order there. Otherwise that is more a question for the WooCommere Forum.

Ellen