Photo
Business Branding

Business branding and sections - what is wrong?

Best Answer Jens , 11 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

It is ok. I had though to reset my template to make it work. So it can just as well be an issue with the maturity of the DMS. Resetting the template was how the Branding section end out working. But thanks for the heads up, Jenny :-)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Jens

Jens

• Members

• 25 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

Hello Ellen,

When I drag-n-drop the Branding into a section and set all my colors and logo into it,- then the general- and the bottom padding that I have just set in thee l section settings in order to push my logo down, where it belongs - are all gone.

When I save in the DMS again, then the color and the logo and the urls to my social sites are also gone...

Any thoughts to what can be done to avoid this?

Thank you,

BR
Jens

#2 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 290 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

First issue sounds like you are trying to change the Section Area Padding, right? If so, make sure before you refresh to wait a couple of seconds to make sure that option is saved.

As for the second issue, almost sounds like a caching issue. Happens to me on a cached site and I have to do a hard refresh (on my Mac shift-F5) in order to see the options I put in.

And, is this only happening with Business Branding or with other sections as well? Just haven't heard of losing options in Business Branding after saving.

Ellen

#3 Jake

Jake

Advocate

• Premium
  • 565 posts
  • LocationNC, USA

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

Hi @Jens - I'm not sure I'm fully able to replicate the problem you outlined. If what you're trying to accomplish is mainly to move your logo down a bit, you may try adding the following custom CSS.

.section-business-branding .bb-business-logo {margin-top: 10px;}

#4 Jens

Jens

• Members

• 25 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

Hello,

Thank you for your replies...

@Ellen: Unfortunately did your suggestions not have any effects.

@Jake: After some thinking about the procedure of mine - then I suspect that the problems started coming when I added a simply nav section to the footer and there was already the standard one in the top of the DMS...

- In other words are there some of the sections that only can be represented once pr. page? For example can I only add one Branding section or the second will replace the first. But some of the sections could be added more than once, but their code could somehow conflict if added more than once.

Could this happen? 

#5 Jens

Jens

• Members

• 25 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

To sum up my experiences:

These 2 actions make the Branding not work:

Ubermu (MegaMenu) menu section

If you change the padding in the section, where the Branding is placed. (Jakes css code could be used instead and that works).

Do you have any clue on what could be done to MegaMenu to make the Branding work?

#6 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 290 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:29 PM

So Ubermenu and Business Branding are in the same Section Area? I have that setup and it works fine together. It could be a jQuery error that is happening from another plugin on the page or maybe if you are using widgets in Ubermenu.

Do you have a link where I can see the site?

Ellen

#7 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

Please let us know if you still need help with this topic otherwise I will close it in 7 days. Thanks!

#8 Jens

Jens

• Members

• 25 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:53 PM   Best Answer

It is ok. I had though to reset my template to make it work. So it can just as well be an issue with the maturity of the DMS. Resetting the template was how the Branding section end out working. But thanks for the heads up, Jenny :-)

• Jenny likes this

#9 jksanford

jksanford

• Members

• 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:22 PM

How did you 'reset' the template?  I can't get the logo and the Branding info lines to align at the top.  The logo is at the top of the page, and the info lines are several lines below the logo (but at the right hand side of the page where they are supposed to be).

#10 Jens

Jens

• Members

• 25 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

On the top of my head, I recall that  I deleted the template, then used the default template or one of the other templates, and started to adjust and tweak accordingly.

#11 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 290 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

How did you 'reset' the template? I can't get the logo and the Branding info lines to align at the top. The logo is at the top of the page, and the info lines are several lines below the logo (but at the right hand side of the page where they are supposed to be).

Make sure that the number of columns for the three different areas, logo/site title, code area and business info area doesn't exceed 12. For example, if the were all 4 columns each then that would span the full width of the header area.

Does that help?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Business Branding