Unable to Save Templates

Question

Posted · Report post

I am no longer able to save new page templates on my site.

The site is: http://dev.canalclubvenice.com

I have disabled every plugin and tried to save template and it still won't work. I have cleared all browsing data on Google chrome and still no luck. I have flushed CSS/LESS cache. Still not able to save. I have enabled debug mode on Pagelines DMS, can someone please take a look and let me know what the problem is? Thank you.

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Not sure what could cause this, but before we proceed any further. I recommend you contact your web host provider and ask them to either resolve your issue with the PHP Magic Quotes or update your PHP version to either 5.4 or 5.5.

Once PHP is updated or Magic Quotes has been resolved, we can look into the issue further. But if you have disabled all plugins (your debug info says you still have three active), and removed all custom scripts, it's most likely a server related issue.

Some host may refuse to update PHP or address some settings, if this is the case. I would recommend moving to a new host. A lot of our developers are using FlyWheel and have nothing, but good things to say about them.

http://getflywheel.com/

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny,

Magic Quotes issue is now fixed. I have disabled the other three plugins - I tried saving a template again and it still will not let me save a template. What do we do now?

On a side note I also had my entire footer disappear over night yesterday. There were three columns with mediaboxes, etc. now today nothing. Very frustrating. Let me know as soon as you can. Thanks for your help.

Posted · Report post

Then I recommend you disable all custom scripts and code you may have added. You also have a NavBar in at the top of your site, called Child NavBar, this isn't a core section, is this something you have created yourself, if so please remove it.

You should also disable your child theme and active DMS and see if your issue is resolved.

If none of the above resolve your issue, then it is most likely server related, especially if sections are disappearing over night.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny,

I have disabled my child theme - I removed the scripts I added (only javascript to link to stylesheets and two additional google fonts). Still not able to save a template.

What now? I don't understand how it can be a server issue when everything worked fine up until about a day ago. Please advise.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

If this issue only popped up a day and you haven't done anything such as upgrade a plugin, theme etc.. then it clearly points to something with your server.

You're the only person to report this issue and the fact that you have sections missing could be a sign that your host has done something and not reported it to. Such as made a mess of things and reverted back to a previous backup?