Photo
Faithful

update to Faithful Theme just WIPED OUT all its files?

Best Answer James Giroux , 11 September 2013 - 04:03 PM

Hey All.  There was an issue with the navbar in DMS that required an update as well as an issue with how the PageLines API was grabbing the zip folder.  These changes caused the zip folder to appear empty.  I apologize for this.  It has been corrected.  Along with that update were some changes to a few of the custom sections that were included.  Those changes caused other issues as DMS v1.0.3 changed the way things were loaded.  The most up-to-date version is v1.1.4.  If you are still having issues getting it to load properly, send me a message via http://jamesgiroux.ca/contact and we can tackle any issues together.  

James.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 erniede

erniede

• Members

• 10 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

I saw a notice inside WordPress that the theme needed updating...  So, like an idiot, I believed it and told it to Update the theme.

It completely wiped out ALL the files inside the faithful folder in the themes area.

That's a full week of work on a website GONE.  Just what did I do wrong???

Tell me again why I'm using DMS???

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:38 AM

Hi,

First, I apologize for this inconvenience. 

I've referred this to the developer of that child theme.

What did you add into the child theme that is now missing?

#3 oliverwaller

oliverwaller

• Members

• 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

I'm also having issues since I updated. I updated DMS to the lastest version, 1.0.3, as well as the Faithful theme v1.1.1.
Now I can not use the DMS on-screen editor... it just will not open the option tabs at the bottom of the at all.

Here is what I'm seeing:

http://screencast.com/t/l45wtGwi

I'm getting really frustrated and I two have had two weeks of work on this nixed due to the updates. Not sure where to turn at this point.

any advice would be appreciated.  thanks  -oliver-

#4 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

I have asked the developer to follow up on this topic.

#5 James Giroux

James Giroux

Community Director

• Moderators

• 141 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada
  • Framework Version:Developer

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:03 PM   Best Answer

Hey All.  There was an issue with the navbar in DMS that required an update as well as an issue with how the PageLines API was grabbing the zip folder.  These changes caused the zip folder to appear empty.  I apologize for this.  It has been corrected.  Along with that update were some changes to a few of the custom sections that were included.  Those changes caused other issues as DMS v1.0.3 changed the way things were loaded.  The most up-to-date version is v1.1.4.  If you are still having issues getting it to load properly, send me a message via http://jamesgiroux.ca/contact and we can tackle any issues together.  

James.

#6 James Giroux

James Giroux

Community Director

• Moderators

• 141 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada
  • Framework Version:Developer

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

I just tested an upgrade from Faithful 1.1.1 to Faithful 1.1.4 and it worked for me (on a live site).  If you're having other issues again, let me know and I can help.

#7 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

Please let us know if you still need help with this topic otherwise I will close it in 7 days. Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Faithful