Photo

Beyond the Sidebar

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 mrdarcytaylordarcycom

mrdarcytaylordarcycom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:45 AM

I am attempting to change the color outside the realm of the text and sidebars, I want it to have a dark background and the center to standout with the white/black text. So far in the other tutorials it showed how to change the background of the entire site. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:51 PM

Taylor, Can I get a link to your site and see where you're at? Did you try starting out with the fixed-width design mode? In the GLOBAL OPTIONS

#3 mrdarcytaylordarcycom

mrdarcytaylordarcycom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:18 PM

Okay so that worked with giving it a centered look with a different colored background, however now it is grey and I went through the css as well as the custom code and neither one will change it

#4 mrdarcytaylordarcycom

mrdarcytaylordarcycom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:09 PM

bump http://www.taylordarcy.com

#5 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:23 PM

I'm assuming this is the color you want ` body.fixed_width { background-color:#071440!important; } ` Add this in the custom code area. Do not get used to the important declaration, but for now use it since we are still reordering some css for an update.

#6 mrdarcytaylordarcycom

mrdarcytaylordarcycom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 03:32 PM

Okay that did it! Perfect! Now visually my website "pops"! I appreciate your help and no I won't get use to the "important" declaration