Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beyond the Sidebar

Question

Posted · Report post

I am attempting to change the color outside the realm of the text and sidebars, I want it to have a dark background and the center to standout with the white/black text. So far in the other tutorials it showed how to change the background of the entire site. Any help would be appreciated.

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Taylor, Can I get a link to your site and see where you're at? Did you try starting out with the fixed-width design mode? In the GLOBAL OPTIONS

Posted · Report post

Okay so that worked with giving it a centered look with a different colored background, however now it is grey and I went through the css as well as the custom code and neither one will change it

Posted · Report post

I'm assuming this is the color you want ` body.fixed_width { background-color:#071440!important; } ` Add this in the custom code area. Do not get used to the important declaration, but for now use it since we are still reordering some css for an update.

Posted · Report post

Okay that did it! Perfect! Now visually my website "pops"! I appreciate your help and no I won't get use to the "important" declaration