Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Content Box section removed in 1.0.3?

Question

Posted · Report post

We just upgraded to DMS v1.0.3 and the Content Box section (which we used extensively) is no longer available.  What happened?

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Its not needed in DMS, as the TextArea does exactly what ContentBox did in Framework.

Posted · Report post

Rob, understood, but we had a bunch of content entered into Content Box sections that have now disappeared.  Is there a way to get them back so we can at least copy the content over?

Posted · Report post

Reactivate Framework, the Content Box data is still there.  Copy/paste it into another program like Notepad.

Then, reactivate DMS, copy from Notepad to DMS TextAreas.

Posted · Report post

Rob, we added the content using the Content Box section that was available in DMS until this latest release...often several per page. We didn't use Content Box in Framework.  Is there any way to reactivate the section in DMS?

Posted · Report post

Hi,  I'm afraid I don't recall, nor does the documentation speak of any section for DMS called "Content Box".  That was only a Framework product.  Did you, by chance, load any of the Framework Legacy products into a child theme when you started with DMS? It might have been included there.

Posted · Report post

Interesting.  I feel like we're in the Twilight zone.  

We were previously running Framework and copied our theme directory over to our new DMS child theme.  There's nothing in the theme directory for the Content Box or PostPins sections , but both of those were showing up as available sections when we first installed DMS...so we started using them to build out our site in a DEV environment.  Then, when we upgraded to DMS 1.0.3, those sections disappeared and all of the content along with them. 

Posted · Report post

I agree about the twilight zone.  And I'm old enough to remember those when they first ran!  The Shatner episode scared the devil out of me when I was little. 

Okay, so I am suspecting that somehow, something from your old Framework install moved over to DMS and because Content Box is almost the same as text box in code, it appeared. There's nothing in its code that would block it from DMS, really.  But then, when 1.0.3 came along, that cleaned out anything missing the DMS identifiers.

I have to apologize for this. Had no idea this was happening to anyone. I will speak to our developers, but I suspect the only place you'd find that content would be in some mysterious pocket of the database. If you check the docs, you'll see no mention of Content Box anywhere.

Do you have another source for this info? (I hope and pray!)

Posted · Report post

Rob, yes, we did have the ContentBox section in Framework, so that's where it came from.  When we first installed DMS, the ContentBox section (and PostPins as well) showed up in the Add Sections module, so we started using them.  We never checked the "Enable v2 Compatibility Mode" checkbox in Global Options because we didn't need to.  Then, when we installed DMS v 1.0.3, both of those sections disappeared.  After we figured out what must have happened, we checked "Enable v2 Compatibility Mode" and after a few minutes and cache clears, the ContentBox and PostPins sections showed up again.

PostPins is a bit frustrating...we purchased it for Framework, but if we turn off V2 compatibility it disappears.  Then the only way to get the section is by using Karma to purchase it....which is a bit annoying.  It's the same thing we already purchased, but now we have to buy it again?

Posted · Report post

You should not have to purchase it twice.  Write to hello@pagelines and they can help you with that issue. I think once you get the DMS ready version, you'll be able to leave v2 compatibily off.

As for the content box.. once you get them on screen, copy their content out to a Notepad or other text file... then, deactivate v2, and replace them with a textbox in DMS.  That's what I'd do...