personal profile links on ipad/mobile phone

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

I use buddypress. When logged into my site...in the upper right hand corner there are links to personal profile information. They work on the computer but when on an ipad or a mobile phone the links don't work at all. Do you know why this may be?

I am using buddypress 1.7.3

If you'd like to use a test login account use username: REMOVED FOR SECURITY

please advise.

Kim

http://thinkwithyourheart.com

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

i changed the password so just let me know if you need sign in information and i will get it ot you

Posted · Report post

Buddypress is up to 1.8.1, but it had some issues with Framework 2.4.4 that I don't think have been fixed.  It's working much better in DMS.  Just a hint!

Posted · Report post

I'm sorry but what is DMS?

I have not upgraded to the new buddypress intentionally because 1.8.1 has some flaws and quirks with the pagelines theme I'm hoping will get worked out soon.

thanks,

Kim

Posted · Report post

Kim, what did you build your website with? Framework? PlatformPro or DMS?

Posted · Report post

Pagelines Framework.

I figured out what this DMS is and I tried it on a development site I have and it messes up all the work I have put into my site over the past 2 years.I have put a lot of work into getting this site exactly the way I want it so even though DMS is pioneering and looks beneficial switching would be very time consuming.

thanks. Any insight would really help.

Kim

Posted · Report post

Kim,

Your reaction to DMS is only normal, but not really founded in facts.  We have one client who rebuilt (for demo purposes) the website of a major app website in 45 minutes.  I have little experience using DMS myself (being too busy answering questions here in the forums to play with it) and I was able to rebuild a friend's PlatformPro website (which has no known direct compatibility) in less than 90 minutes and that site is huge. 

Creating templates is easy, fast and works brilliantly to do things you used to have to do manually in Framework.   My own website has over 3000 lines of custom CSS code.  While my friend's complex site has less than 100.

I should also point out that in DMS, we offer something called v2 Compatibility which expedites conversion from Framework. It's all in our Docs at http://docs.pagelines.com.

Unfortunately, I can't fix Buddypress in Framework.