Photo

How to modify nextpage page numbers?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 adwiz

adwiz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:50 PM

I frequently use the Wordpress "nextpage" feature to create multi-page documents. This shows the page numbers at the bottom with links to the appropriate pages. I'd like to customize this so it looks more like the pagination that iBlogPro offers for the blog footer, but I can't find where these nextpage page numbers appear in the code. Can someone help point me to the right place so that I can add the iBlogPro CSS tags to them?

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 07:58 PM

the only code for 'nextpage' or paginating posts is this line in '_posts.php' in the library folder: `Pages:', TDOMAIN), '

', __('number', TDOMAIN)); ?>`

#3 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 07:59 PM

test

#4 adwiz

adwiz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:45 PM

Thanks. I looked at _pagecontent.php which also contains a pagination line. I wanted to make that nextpage pagination look the same as the pagination bar currently used on the base of the posts listing page.

I tried the following to create the background shaded bar:

<div class="page-nav fix">	<?php link_pages(__('<p><strong>Pages:</strong>', TDOMAIN), '</p>', 'number'); ?>	</div>

This does indeed insert the shaded background bar, but just turns the page numbers white, which is worse than the default condition where the current page is black and the others are a link. I'm not sure how I can modify the 'number' reference to have the page numbers appear with a box around them, contextual to whether or not they are the current page.

Here's how the default nextpage pagination looks:
Posted Image

Here's what I want it to look like:
Posted Image

#5 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:38 AM

Looks like the 'link_pages' function just went out of style.

If you use the wp_link_pages...

You'll be able to do it. Now that I've seen it this is on the list for future updates