Home Made Branding Area Not Resizing

Question

Posted · Report post

Working on a project and when using the fixed nav bar, the screen resizes properly and displays the mobile menu "bars" area when the screen is smaller.

Client wanted to get rid of the fixed nav bar and have me add a phone number above a simple nav bar I added to the header area.  I added the simple nav bar and text box that holds the phone number inside of one column, added a blank column in the middle and added the logo in a 3rd column.

When resizing the screen, the nav bar and phone number drop all the way into the main content area instead of switching to the mobile menu button.  

Any ideas on how to get it to act like the fixed nav bar on screen resizing:

Fixed nav bar:   http://wealthstream.wpengine.com/

Site I'm recreating without fixed nav that crashes when resizing:  http://wealthstream.staging.wpengine.com/

Thanks

James

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

James, it didn't crash when I resized it down to about 2 square inches, and then back up to full size, manually.

It could be you have some custom code in there causing the issue.  Hard to say.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Rob

I actually went in later last night and removed code I added to fix the height...once I removed that, it did resize without jumping into the main content area.  It never did give me the "menu" block you see on cell phones but definitely much better than what it was doing...haha.  Thanks for checking it out for me!

Posted · Report post

The menu block on mobile devices is only on mobile devices, not on regular computers.