Best Answer denis24 , 08 September 2013 - 11:31 PM
Hallelujah! Simon emailed me dms.zip and it installed smoothly via the WordPress Installer. DMS is now running on my site.
So, let's see, the problem was NOT:
1. A WP installer issue or plugin conflict (Rob's first guess, 3 september)
2. A previous version of PageLines as the active theme (Danny, 4 september)
3. A poorly configured server (Danny, 4 september)
4. Trying to unzip the file in my website (Rob, 5 september)
5. Browser plugins (Rob, 7 september)
6. Anti-virus programs (Rob, 7 september)
The problem, in the end, was with...(wait for it)... the dms.zip archive downloaded from PageLines! Which is what I kept trying to tell you.
Perhaps the problem is not with the file on your server, but with the download process activated by the "Download Latest DMS" button under the My Downloads tab at https://www.pagelines.com/my-account/ As Simon pointed out, for some reason the whole file was not being downloaded (I downloaded it at least 7 times without success).
It appears I'm not the only one affected. I hope you guys can figure out why this is happening. DMS looks like a great theme. Too bad it took me a week to install it.
Best wishes.Go to the full post