Photo
- - - - -

Problem with dms.zip

installation

Best Answer denis24 , 08 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

Hallelujah!  Simon emailed me dms.zip and it installed smoothly via the WordPress Installer.  DMS is now running on my site.

So, let's see, the problem was NOT:

1. A WP installer issue or plugin conflict (Rob's first guess, 3 september)

2. A previous version of PageLines as the active theme (Danny, 4 september)

3. A poorly configured server  (Danny, 4 september)

4. Trying to unzip the file in my website (Rob, 5 september)

5.  Browser plugins (Rob, 7 september)

6. Anti-virus programs (Rob, 7 september)

The problem, in the end, was with...(wait for it)...  the dms.zip archive downloaded from PageLines!  Which is what I kept trying to tell you. 

Perhaps the problem is not with the file on your server, but with the download process activated by the "Download Latest DMS" button under the My Downloads tab at https://www.pagelines.com/my-account/  As Simon pointed out, for some reason the whole file was not being downloaded (I downloaded it at least 7 times without success). 

It appears I'm not the only one affected.  I hope you guys can figure out why this is happening.  DMS looks like a great theme.  Too bad it took me a week to install it.

Best wishes.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

I've emailed you the file directly.  It is the proper size.

#22 denis24

denis24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:31 PM   Best Answer

Hallelujah!  Simon emailed me dms.zip and it installed smoothly via the WordPress Installer.  DMS is now running on my site.

So, let's see, the problem was NOT:

1. A WP installer issue or plugin conflict (Rob's first guess, 3 september)

2. A previous version of PageLines as the active theme (Danny, 4 september)

3. A poorly configured server  (Danny, 4 september)

4. Trying to unzip the file in my website (Rob, 5 september)

5.  Browser plugins (Rob, 7 september)

6. Anti-virus programs (Rob, 7 september)

The problem, in the end, was with...(wait for it)...  the dms.zip archive downloaded from PageLines!  Which is what I kept trying to tell you. 

Perhaps the problem is not with the file on your server, but with the download process activated by the "Download Latest DMS" button under the My Downloads tab at https://www.pagelines.com/my-account/  As Simon pointed out, for some reason the whole file was not being downloaded (I downloaded it at least 7 times without success). 

It appears I'm not the only one affected.  I hope you guys can figure out why this is happening.  DMS looks like a great theme.  Too bad it took me a week to install it.

Best wishes.

• zcademy likes this

#23 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17977 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

Happy to hear your issue has been resolved. FYI, its difficult to diagnose your issue, when I download the file at least 50 times and each time worked without issue.

#24 ejazzy

ejazzy

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNYC
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

I sure wish this was my only problem. It let me upload the full zip fine. Now my site doesn't work at all.  :startle:

#25 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:13 AM

@ejazzy  If you're going to tag onto an already resolved topic, could you please describe in detail what your problem is.  Nothing you've said above merits any support because you've not specified the details of your problem.  Also, if you're having a problem, open a new topic.  What may seem similar to you has a 99% probability of being totally different.

#26 dkaw123

dkaw123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

I'm also experiencing this problem. It says the file exceeds the max upload.  Would you be able to email me the zip file as well please? I'd appreciate it.  

#27 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

@dkaw123 This is not the same problem. If I send you the zip, it will be the same size as the one you just downloaded, the problem is your host has restricted the size of files you can upload.

2 choices:

1. contact host, increase php upload limit.
2. unzip file locally and upload the folder to the wp-content/themes/ dir on your host.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: installation