Photo
- - - - -

extra comments area

comments

Best Answer Danny , 03 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

Hi,

There isn't a shortcode for Comments, but the Comments section is available for drag and drop, so you can position it where ever you like. You can also enable/disable Comments on a per page basis using the Discussion section in the Page Content editor.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 stug

stug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Framework Version:pro

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

I am designing a page where I would like to place extra comments boxes under certain areas. Is there a shortcode that I could use to put in comments boxes where ever I want on a page?

Using the latest framework version.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16952 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:17 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

There isn't a shortcode for Comments, but the Comments section is available for drag and drop, so you can position it where ever you like. You can also enable/disable Comments on a per page basis using the Discussion section in the Page Content editor.

#3 stug

stug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:43 AM

thanks Danny, could work with that, will give it a go.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16952 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:45 AM

No problem.

#5 stug

stug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

Hey Danny great idea with the drag and drop but it doesn't seem to be able to be cloned like the other sections.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16952 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:16 AM

Not sure why you would want to clone the Comments section to be honest, if you have more than one comments area, I am not sure why the purpose would be ?

#7 stug

stug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

This would be my example. I want to have a page with artwork from several different artists on it. I would like a seperate comment section under each set of artwork so that people can comment on the appropriate artwork. I also want to do the same with my video page. I can clone the twinshot, so if I could then clone the comments section I could put one under each twinshot. I think it makes sense : ) Very open to a different approach though if you have one.

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16952 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

Ah, I don't think thats possible as far as I am aware. However, this isn't DMS/PageLines related, but is a Wordpress issue. I recommend your multiple comment areas per page on the Wordpress forums. There may well be a plugin that allows this, but I am not aware of one.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: comments