Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

extra comments area

Question

Posted · Report post

I am designing a page where I would like to place extra comments boxes under certain areas. Is there a shortcode that I could use to put in comments boxes where ever I want on a page?

Using the latest framework version.

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

There isn't a shortcode for Comments, but the Comments section is available for drag and drop, so you can position it where ever you like. You can also enable/disable Comments on a per page basis using the Discussion section in the Page Content editor.

Posted · Report post

thanks Danny, could work with that, will give it a go.

Posted · Report post

No problem.

Posted · Report post

Hey Danny great idea with the drag and drop but it doesn't seem to be able to be cloned like the other sections.

Posted · Report post

Not sure why you would want to clone the Comments section to be honest, if you have more than one comments area, I am not sure why the purpose would be ?

Posted · Report post

This would be my example. I want to have a page with artwork from several different artists on it. I would like a seperate comment section under each set of artwork so that people can comment on the appropriate artwork. I also want to do the same with my video page. I can clone the twinshot, so if I could then clone the comments section I could put one under each twinshot. I think it makes sense : ) Very open to a different approach though if you have one.

Posted · Report post

Ah, I don't think thats possible as far as I am aware. However, this isn't DMS/PageLines related, but is a Wordpress issue. I recommend your multiple comment areas per page on the Wordpress forums. There may well be a plugin that allows this, but I am not aware of one.