Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Problem with Global Options/Templates

Question

Posted · Report post

I am having a problem with global options on a site I am designing at 

http://koeeusa.com/content

I want the Slider only on the homepage. It is not as simple as it was in Pagelines Frameworks. I am a bit confused.

Can someone help me out? I try to apply new templates and I keep getting the slider on every page. 

Help?

Thanks. 

Floyd Webb

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Floyd,

You're adding the Slider to the Header Area of your template. The Header area is a global template area, meaning that all sections added to that area will be global throughout your site. 

A lot of users have requested the ability to have multiple headers for different pages, so I have already added this as a enhancement to our issue tracker.

In the meantime, you could try adding the Slider to your Template area which isn't global and save the layout as a new template.

Posted · Report post

Hi Floyd,

You're adding the Slider to the Header Area of your template. The Header area is a global template area, meaning that all sections added to that area will be global throughout your site. 

A lot of users have requested the ability to have multiple headers for different pages, so I have already added this as a enhancement to our issue tracker.

In the meantime, you could try adding the Slider to your Template area which isn't global and save the layout as a new template.

Thanks Danny. I got it now. Gotta watch that global header area. 

Floyd Webb

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Yeah, I will be updating the docs to include better information on the global vs local areas and options.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, I will be updating the docs to include better information on the global vs local areas and options.

Danny, 

Thank you. Rough as it is I do appreciate the tremendous effort you guys are making to guarantee some kind of customer service while things get stabilized with DMS. I appreciate the members of the development community like Blackice and others joining in troubleshooting as well. Please pardon me if I have come across as testy when I am in the middle of a problem. I probably AM! 

Let your collegues know I think they have created an awesome piece of application. 

I am telling you this before I start testing across all platforms so I don't get frustrated and start cussin' everybody out. Know I do it out of "lurv."  :-)

Floyd Webb