Photo
- - - - -

Switching between Basic and Pro?

DMS Pro DMS Basic Switch Pro functionality

Best Answer Rob , 01 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

Hi Jan,

Unfortunately, there are only two pricing models - one for monthly payments, the other for one annual payment.  The problem with you would face in the model you propose is that in between the paid months, your license would be turned off.  As a result, the pro features would also be turned off, and the watermark would return. Ultimately, this could be a problem if you've designed something with, let's say the RevSlider, and two weeks after presenting it to your client, the slider vanishes. 

If you could, my suggestion would be to write to the helpdesk and ask about our policy for non-profit entities.  We may be able to offer some discount to each of them, and then you could manage their basic licenses.  Rather than using your own pro, you'd run 6 individual basic licenses that way. 

The helpdesk may be reached via hello@pagelines.com.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 caspersjan

caspersjan

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

Dear Pagelines, I have been tinkering with DMS offline, trying to get a feel for it. While some things take some getting used to, it is very pleasant and promising so far. Great job!

As I read in an answer to another Forum post that the expected life time of Framework is about a year it seems wise to make a move soon. But the pricing model is very different. I run six websites, documenting projects in schools and libraries. All of these are non-profit and not generating an income.

With the old Framework, there was a one-off payment plus the cost for assorted Store sections and plugins. A monthly fee is beyond our budget reality. The Basic version is free and already seems very powerful. But if I wish to access some Pro functions, would it be possible to purchase e.g. three months of Pro, to rebuild my sites, and then go to Basic? And purchase three or four months of Pro stretched out over a year, for maintenance? 

This may look petty, but I am not making sites to sell them. Please let me know if it is possible to access the Pro version occasionally, during construction and maintenance periods. And which features exactly will be disabled once the Pro subscription is terminated. I cannot find concise information on the Pagelines site, just a general statement.

Thank you for your help. I appreciate your your work hope to be able to continue making the best use of it. Yours faithfully, Jan.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:50 PM   Best Answer

Hi Jan,

Unfortunately, there are only two pricing models - one for monthly payments, the other for one annual payment.  The problem with you would face in the model you propose is that in between the paid months, your license would be turned off.  As a result, the pro features would also be turned off, and the watermark would return. Ultimately, this could be a problem if you've designed something with, let's say the RevSlider, and two weeks after presenting it to your client, the slider vanishes. 

If you could, my suggestion would be to write to the helpdesk and ask about our policy for non-profit entities.  We may be able to offer some discount to each of them, and then you could manage their basic licenses.  Rather than using your own pro, you'd run 6 individual basic licenses that way. 

The helpdesk may be reached via hello@pagelines.com.

#3 caspersjan

caspersjan

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

Thank you Rob, I shall contact the helpdesk and hope for the best. Yours faithfully, Jan.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

Happy to help!

#5 caspersjan

caspersjan

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

Dear Rob, while talking to someone in the know: Is there any place on the Pagelines site where I can compare the functions of Basic and Pro versions? The RevSlider for example is working on my test page, yet I certainly don't have Pro yet. Nor can I find the Watermark you mention: Is it on the page or in the Editor? Not that I mind if it were the Pagelines logo, it is unobstrusive and pretty! But a side-by-side comparison of features would be helpful. Thank you, with kind regards, Jan.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

http://www.pagelines.com/pricing

All come with the basic sections and all paid subscriptions have the watermark hidden.

#7 caspersjan

caspersjan

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

Dear Rob, I have seen this page of course but it makes not reference to Basic at all, it just mentions "Pro DMS Editing Tools", "Pro Only Sections" and "Pro Libraries and Effects". Is there nowhere I can find these listed or described? To get an overview and find out if I need any of them or perhaps can do without them? Or to encourage me to go all the way to Pro? This would be very helpful indeed! Yours faithfully, Jan.

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

Jan,  to be very honest, that's all I have as well, except to read the docs at http://docs.pagelines.com.

#9 caspersjan

caspersjan

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

Thank you, Rob, it is just past midnight where I am but you made my day. The honesty of no answer is surely better than a prevaricating reply, and I appreciate that you tell me you don't know.  I'll raise this with the helpdesk - I really think it would be helpful indeed and surely can't be that difficult to put together. With this I'll sign off, seeing that this is a thread in a technical forum. Thanks again for your help and patience. Yours faithfully, Jan.

#10 zhonghao

zhonghao

• Members

• 101 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

I would like to also suggest a comparison of the Pro and Basic DMS. I have tried looking around the website to compare but couldn't find anything and it is by chance I saw the question from caspersjan on this forum. Thought I was really 'missing something obvious' to not find it but seems it doesn't exist right now.

#11 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:11 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, I will forward it to our team.

#12 caspersjan

caspersjan

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

Thank you, Rob. I think such a comparison will only do good - more people will use DMS Basic because at the moment to be honest it is a little bit like a cat in the bag. Playing around with it it appears to be extremely powerful already. And more people will progress to Pro because they will see exactly what it is they are getting in added value. Winners all around! I hope we can have this soon. Yours faithfully, Jan.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DMS Pro, DMS Basic, Switch, Pro functionality