Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS and Views (plugin) conflict

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi guys,

I'm using a plugin called Views from (http://wp-types.com/) and I'm having some conflicts.

I use this plugin to create a template for single post and archive of posts (changing it from blog to classifieds template)

Now I have tried many things to solve it, and I've made sure that the plugin works on Twenty Twelve, but as soon as I activate DMS, it overwrites my custom template with the default one.

Erwan you mentioned that you were using this very same plugin without troubles, is there anything at the top of your mind that you can think if that I might not be doing right?

Many thanks in advanced,

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

It sounds like you're having the same problem I was.

Have you enabled theme support for Views?

If not, then go to Views > Settings and scroll down to Theme Support for View Templates.

Copy and paste the following code in the field where you enter the name of the function that DMS uses: 
post_content

That did the trick for me.

Posted · Report post

I'm not surprised that plugin is having issues, considering it too is doing the same type of things as some parts of DMS and probably using different, conflicting scripting. 

I'd write to the developers, as it's a premium product and ask them why it doesn't work for you in DMS. Ask them to download the free product from our homepage and test it out.

Posted · Report post

It sounds like you're having the same problem I was.

Have you enabled theme support for Views?

If not, then go to Views > Settings and scroll down to Theme Support for View Templates.

Copy and paste the following code in the field where you enter the name of the function that DMS uses: 
post_content

That did the trick for me.

dawsonbarber that worked!! :)

You just made my week, many thanks!!! :)

Posted · Report post

Good to hear that you're all sorted now.

Cheers!