Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Filtering Image Size

Question

Posted · Report post

I have a feeling I know the answer but it never hurts to ask- Is it possible to pull from the featured thumb and not the full image? Thanks!

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

erin-wsk Just want to let you know I am working on Filtering 1.7 which should be done in a couple of weeks. It will have the option to select the featured thumb.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Sorry to take so long to get back -- I was away this past weekend.

Right now I am grabbing the thumbnail sizes - width and height - but I don't think that is the same as getting the thumbnail in WordPress, the one you can edit the position and such. Going to do a little research and see what's up and if I can get it to grab the thumbnail for you. 

Ellen

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hi Ellen, 

Thank you for the response. I really love the section- I primarily design food blogs so this works extremely well for recipes!

Posted · Report post

Hi Ellen, 

I managed to make a work-around for the time being at least for my site but I'd love to see a permanent solution. When I took my site live, I realized a bit too late that with the many post I have and the large image pulling in, it was killing my load time (upwards of a minute to load a page) and was going to give me one heck of an amazon S3 bill (page was loading 90+mb). With the workaround to use the wordpress thumb, I was able to cut it down to 4mb. 

Posted · Report post

erin-wsk So sorry I haven't gotten to fixing this issue. I'm giving it my attention the next couple of days. I'm glad to here loading the WordPress thumb helped with the speed issue. I intent to give the thumbnail options (thumb, medium and large) too. Just have to write the code.

Thanks for being patient and I will get this resolved ASAP.

Ellen

Posted · Report post

erin-wsk would you like me to keep this topic open or is it okay to close it?

Posted · Report post

You can close it.