#1 sheilahoff

sheilahoff

Advocate

• Members

• 382 posts
  • LocationSeattle
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:15 PM

This is a minor puzzle that appears to be WP and not DMS but I’m very puzzled.

When I make a bulleted list then choose indent it’s adding the style for Block Quote. I don’t recall it doing so in the past. I’ve tested it and it happens in other WP sites not using DMS. I’m sure I used to be able to just indent bullets further. I don’t want the block quote style. I have bullets within an accordion so they’re already indented enough that the bullets don’t display which is why I’m trying to indent them further. But now I’m getting the block quote style (a dark gray thick line on left). I guess I can just do some CSS styling for that…but it doesn’t give me the bullets! So weird.

• lingbaer51 likes this

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

Sheila, as you say, this isn't a DMS issue.  However, you should remember that what you see on a WP edit screen isn't always going to match what you see in the DMS (or any other browser) screen.

You might want to check this:  http://www.w3schools...ss/css_list.asp

Or, just use Fontawesome to create the bullets, manually. http://docs.pageline...ls/font-awesome

#3 sheilahoff

sheilahoff

Advocate

• Members

• 382 posts
  • LocationSeattle
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

Thanks Rob.This is VERY low priority as I'm in a quagmire at the moment. But I'm well aware what I see in the visual editor isn't accurate. I'm talking about what I see on the site and it isn't about what the bullets LOOK like...it's that WP is adding another style for pullquotes to the bullets which it did not used to do. When things settle down I'll make a quick video of it. I'll also try researching the WP codex as well.