#1 sheilahoff

sheilahoff

Advocate

• Members

• 470 posts
  • LocationSeattle
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:13 PM

This is very odd and I'm not sure if it's a simple CSS thing or something else. On this dev site http://www.etc.hoffmangraphics.com when you type something in the search box you cannot see it. It's like it's white on white or something. The text is there. You can see it when you highlight it and the search works. Very odd. It's in a CrackBar menu so I suppose maybe I need to ask Nick over there?!

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:28 PM

Sheila, I don't see a search field, a menu or anything to check on that link. 

#3 sheilahoff

sheilahoff

Advocate

• Members

• 470 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

LOL...I'm in the middle of troubleshooting a mess and had turned off ALL my plug-ins. Just reactivated Business Branding and Crackbar. But I'm feeling like crying at the moment! Usually when you deactivate plug-ins and reactivate them your settings are still there in the database. For both of these not only did have to re-add them to the sections, but they did not pop back with my settings. So I have to recreate them. I'm really bummed. So you can't see the issue until I do that. Sorry but thanks for looking. Hopefully it won't be too long.

#4 sheilahoff

sheilahoff

Advocate

• Members

• 470 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:50 PM

OK, the CrackBar is back with my custom CSS which I'm sure is the issue. Here's what I have in use:

/*CrackBar*/

.crackbar.pl-color-user .navline > li > a, .crackbar.pl-color-user #page .nav-collapse.in.collapse .dropdown-menu a, .crackbar.pl-color-user.crackbar_fixed .nav-collapse.in.collapse .dropdown-menu a {
    color: #676662;
    text-shadow: none;
    font-family: "Muli",Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;
}
.dropdown-menu li > a:hover, .dropdown-menu li > a:focus, .dropdown-submenu:hover > a, .dropdown-menu li.current-menu-item > a {background-color: #f57955; background-image: none;  text-shadow: none;}

.searchform .searchfield {width: 150px; margin-right:10px; color:#707070;}

#5 sheilahoff

sheilahoff

Advocate

• Members

• 470 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

Well thanks only to Ellen Moore I have this resolved. I thought I'd post her solution in case it helps someone else..

I got the search box in navbar to pick up your text color.  It was in Global Settings -> Crackbar -> Search Text. Then I had to flush the cache under Advanced Options to pick up that change. It's a bug with DMS unfortunately.