Photo
- - - - -

Can't remove background image

remove background image background image delete background image

Best Answer Jake , 30 August 2013 - 03:51 PM

Hi @donnar1969 - Did you use a media box or some other section to add the background image? If so, try removing the section completely, make sure it saves and then publish. Also, have you tried clearing you cache completely?

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 donnar1969

donnar1969

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

I added a background image into my header, and I have tried to remove it by clicking on the X next to Upload Image button. Once I refresh, the background image preview remains, the filename remains in the filename field, and of course the background still appears in my header. I've logged out and back in to wp-admin and tried again through DMS to delete this, but it is stubborn. I don't want to remove the image from my Gallery as I am planning to use it as a global background image. Am I doing something wrong in my method of deleting this image?

#2 Jake

Jake

Advocate

• Premium
  • 565 posts
  • LocationNC, USA

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:51 PM   Best Answer

Hi @donnar1969 - Did you use a media box or some other section to add the background image? If so, try removing the section completely, make sure it saves and then publish. Also, have you tried clearing you cache completely?

#3 donnar1969

donnar1969

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

THanks Jake, that did the trick. Although it is a little inconvenient having to delete my media box which contained my logo, and then get rid of the background, and then have to re-add the media box and my logo image again, which incidentally adds yet another copy of my logo image in my media gallery, causing more file management on the wp-admin side. In any event, thanks for the advice, I can now move forward again.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:50 AM

Hold it.... I think there's a misunderstanding here.  If you're trying to add a background to the header section, you need to click the little pencil to edit the header section (not the sections within it), and then you can upload a background image for the header only. 

#5 donnar1969

donnar1969

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

Thanks for reply Rob. I was in the "edit header" section (by clicking on the little pencil in the header section), and trying to remove the background I had put in there. I could see the filename, clicked the X beside it, then refreshed and/or published, and the filename remained, along with the background. Only way I could get it out wa to remove the media box that was also in the header section, then i could remove the background image. I tried many times and ways, Jake's idea was the only thing that worked. 

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

I'm very pleased that Jake's method worked.  That's all that counts!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: remove background image, background image, delete background image