Reducing text box white space

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to reduce the white space in the text box?

I used a text box in header, but my header looks too big after using <h3>

I want to reduce the size of the text box.

screenshot -  https://www.dropbox.com/s/p71ku4e5zflqsoc/header%20space.jpg

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Yah there's a handful of utility classes built in. 

For the header, try adding zmt or zmb. This kills the margin on top, and on bottom, respectively.

For the sections, that's a little different. I built a plugin that kills off section padding and textbox padding on the fly. It basically tightens things up. May help you out:

http://pagelinesdevcamp.com/2013/08/stay-classy-my-friends/

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hi Nick, thank-you very much for this.  I'm having trouble getting it to work though.  I believe I've installed Classy properly:  It shows up in my Global Sections.  I tried typing in classy-nmb in the styling classes for a text box where bottom padding is too much, I published and saved it but nothing changed.  What have I done wrong?  Thanks again.

Posted · Report post

beardedavenger U are the man just sign up for pldevcamp list and u seem like u really know ur way around. i've got so many questions as i'm looking @ all ur stuff now. ur new store, dev camp and forum stuff!

just wanted to say thanks and looking forward to learning from you. Im a rookie on dms and css, less and php for that matter but i know how i want things to look just to know how to do it! thanks for helping everyone here!

and best of luck w/ all ur ventures.

a quick question, how did u set up ur shopping cart. doesn't seem like that was a dms build unless im missing something. they look the same in ur app store and on pldevcamp?

thanks!

Posted · Report post

beardedavenger U are the man just sign up for pldevcamp list and u seem like u really know ur way around. i've got so many questions as i'm looking @ all ur stuff now. ur new store, dev camp and forum stuff!

just wanted to say thanks and looking forward to learning from you. Im a rookie on dms and css, less and php for that matter but i know how i want things to look just to know how to do it! thanks for helping everyone here!

and best of luck w/ all ur ventures.

a quick question, how did u set up ur shopping cart. doesn't seem like that was a dms build unless im missing something. they look the same in ur app store and on pldevcamp?

thanks!

Thanks for the kind words!! About the cart, it's Easy Digital Downloads. AMAZINGLY awesome ecomm stuff for Wordpress.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited) · Report post

beardedavenger i got it. thanks. looking forward to using it! 

listen i want to ask you a newb question because based on how u respond to others, u seem to know ur way around even the basics and i just like ur style w/ users, so i hope u don't mind.

i've got my home page set up as static page on the reader settings in admin pointing to "home" page http://ncludmedia.com and I've got the blog "post" pointing to "blog" on http://ncludmedia.com/blog and im getting a screen with nothing on it... what am i missing. 

on the wp admin page i disabled both pages and rebuilt them both after doing it incorrectly here were my steps before

• i set up "designed" homepage (domain name) in dms
  • then added simple nav in dms and then menu theme on wp admin panel
  • then set up blog, about us, pricing pages etc in page panel on wp admin
  • then i built out the corresponding pages in dms
  • but with the blog roll " i built up a couple posts in post on wp admin and got nothing on blog page
  • i added the sidebar widget in dms because i didn't understand and u can see the articles there but nothing on main page.

i've trumped my skillset on this... any thoughts?

thanks a million. I don't know wordpress or coding enough and im so new to dms developer package that i can seem to fix..

Thanks again

Edited by elijah