Can't find the PageLines Customize Plugin

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

In the documentation is says that I should be able to find the PageLines Customize Plugin in PageLines DMS Toolbar → Store → Plugins → Free. However I have nothing in this location.

Is this because this is not available in the free version?

I want to edit the excerpt on the home page so assume I need to edit the functions.php file to do this?

Thanks

12 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi, you will find it here:  http://launchpad.pagelines.com/api/store_free/

Please save the file as pagelines-customize.zip and remove the word plugin- to prevent a bad installation.

Once you save the file, browse to Dashboard > Plugins > Add New, click Upload and upload the zip file, and activate on completion.

Posted · Report post

Hi Rob,

I downloaded plugin-pagelines-customize.zip from that link but there was no word plugin to remove. I renamed it pagelines-customize.zip and tried to upload but got the message "The package could not be installed no valid pluggins were found". If I look in the contents of the zip there are only two files in there 'error-log' and 'pagelines-customize' both of which are pratically empty, save a line or two of text.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted · Report post

Hmm, the file doesn't appear to be correct, I have reported this for you.

Posted · Report post

Forgive me if this is not the appropriate place to report this, but I too have followed these steps, and I cannot install Pagelines Customize. I know that DMS is the "Soup du Jour" now, but does this mean there will be far less support for Pagelines Framework now?

Posted · Report post

Do I need the Pagelines Customize plugin or the Base Theme to make changes to the functions.php file? What would happen if I just edited the funtions.php file via the ftp?

I really need to be able to edit this file to finish my website and without access to the Pagelines Customize plugin or the Base Theme I've hit a brick wall!

Posted · Report post

Podflower,

Yes, editing core files is not recommended nor supported. In doing so you actually void all support. Therefore, if you want to add hooks, or other functions you will need to use either the Customize Plugin or Base theme.

You can download a DMS ready Base theme here - https://github.com/bearded-avenger/nicks-base-theme

Posted · Report post

Nope. Doesn't work. 

Posted · Report post

Here's the PageLines Customize file.  Upload it as a plugin.[attachment=1511:pagelines-customize.zip]

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Thanks again Rob...this works...N

Posted · Report post

Excellent!

Posted · Report post

Why does the launchpad link not work now. I need to get the plugins for another project.

Posted · Report post

Hi there, previously purchased plugins can still be downloaded from launchpad. The free plugins were never actually in launchpad, they were just available via the main framework store, unfortunately this is no longer available as the store has now been moved to DMS products.

You can download the framework free zips from the following zip file - https://www.dropbox.com/s/muyy8k5xcjvbvlo/Framework-included-content.zip