Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Default text box padding

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi, I have studied all the topics about padding issues in the Forum diligently and have spent more time than I care to admit trying to figure out how to fix it on my site.

What is the default padding for the text boxes?  Is there one place (i.e. global options) where I can change this?  Anywhere I've tried to change to 0 or 1 px, nothing has happened.  I have these huge white spaces that I have to get rid of on all the pages of my site.

Here's my site:  www.studentsuccessclub.com

Please start at the beginning when you tell me what to do, i.e. go to Filezilla, Developer Tools - Elements, etc.  I'm a layman.

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi CoachJo - There is an option that I think will help you out a lot. In the DMS editor, if you click on Global Options - Layout & Nav - and then look for this dropdown http://d.pr/i/hocu under "Section Areas" you'll be able to play around with the defaults a bit to tighten things up. 

Posted · Report post

Hi Jake, I have played around with that, tried 1 and 0 but to no avail.  I just enabled debug and wonder if the following is part of the problem:

PHP Register Globals : Yes (bad) PHP Magic Quotes gpc : Yes (bad)

Posted · Report post

In the docs for LESS it says the following:

@paddingSmall 2px 10px; // 26px @paddingMini 0 6px; // 22px

How would I change those into something to put in CSS (all the details please).

Do you think it will solve the problem?

Thanks

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

Are the text boxes you're referring to the ones with the purple text on the left hand site of the site? If so you can use the following css to remove some of the additional padding - http://screencast.com/t/vQCmepGzBu

.section-textbox .pl-section-pad .textbox-wrap {
    padding0;
}

Posted · Report post

Hi James, 

Actually no, I am fine with the padding on those.  It's the title Online Group Coaching for College Students and pretty much every other text and media box on my site.  Also, the header.  I tried what you suggested for the title text box but it didn't work.  Thanks very much though.  I can't believe how much time I've wasted on this issue but it's important to me to fix it.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Can you take a screenshot of your textbox please.

If I understand you correctly, you want to reduce the space betwen the "Online Group Coaching..." title and the text underneath. If so this isn't actually padding issue and is actually caused by a <div class="hentry"></div> Which has a 1.8em margin bottom.

http://cl.ly/image/3J2e0l1W3H2n

Posted · Report post

Thanks Danny, now how do I fix it?  Can I make a global change?  Light at the end of the tunnel.... hooray!

Posted · Report post

Well that <div> shouldn't be there, as far as I am aware.

Can you take a screenshot of what you have in your textbox please.